Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half life 2 thief speaks

• 11-10-2003 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Curioser and curioser......
    Apparrently this is what the thief had to say about his strokage of the source code and Beta.

To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no such thing as a much better release in Valves network!
    I suggested to Valve to stop lying to their customers about how much was stolen. However, they disregarded my statement and called me a liar. Now they will see how much I have been lying when I release the Pre-Gold and all 100 per cent of the sourcecode. Actions speak louder then words.

Anonymous Leaker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have a very small penis, I live in a darkened room 24 hours a day seven days a week

I wanted to piss on everyone else in the entire world and i have no girlfriend, so i decided to be a big man and hack into valves systems and it was easy peasy, stole half life 2 off em and im releasing it cause they called me a LIAR

WAA WAA WAA WAA WAA

They should cut his dick off so his high voice matches his genitals

SHIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah, justice for the people !

oh wait, this idiot is just making people wait longer for the official release (or so they say)
    anyone here actually downloaded the beta? and how many people that didn't now have to wait longer to buy it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

my you people are bitter.

in fairness its just a game and it sounds like you are the ones with the penis and the dark room.

[edit]no offence meant[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hate these hacker nerds!!

I'll learn these skills and use them to piss people off. By piss them off they will respect me and i will get girls. Then i would no longer be a virgin.

I don't know why people go to the trouble of creating viruses to piss people off with. I'd rather put my programming skills to better use.

And this *liar* guy is a self-proclaimed revolutionary.

In my eyes he is not better then a bag of toss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Uh, you guys are idiots. No offence.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

in fairness its just a game and it sounds like you are the ones with the penis and the dark room.

I have one thing to SAY

5 YEARS IVE WAITED FoR THIS GAME 5 FLAMING YEARS

And to have it delayed even more by a TOSS POT like this is just not on, castration is to good for him, hang him by his balls till his face turns blue

SHIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Why don't you read a book?

I would but that just interferes with my knights of the old Republic sessions

Shin :D

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    Uh, you guys are idiots. No offence.

and you came to that conclusion from what??

I don't care if Half-life 2 is delayed but i hate these ****ing idiots who go outta their way to damage people's systems. I think it is a waste of effort and time. They could put their skills to a more profitable use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

as said before its only a game, go out and get laid.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    as said before its only a game, go out and get laid.

True m8,

I'm not even bothered about when Half-life 2 is released!!

It'll probably be crap for most of the people who are hyping it up, because it won't be what they expected.

just a thought.

your sig says "2 snakes is better than one"

surely it shoud be "2 snakes are better than one"

just a thought.

Oops,

Thanks m8!! Surprised no else spotted that sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by clownboy
    Oops,

Thanks m8!! Surprised no else spotted that sooner
    While your at it, there's still either a spelling or punctuation error (depending on what you intended to say)

2 snakes are always better, then one.
    2 snakes are always better than one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by clownboy

It'll probably be crap for most of the people who are hyping it up, because it won't be what they expected.

Have you seen ANY of the HL2 Vids? if you had, you wouldn't say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes I've seen a bunxh of videos with scipted sequences and a bunch of rip offs, whats your point. You haven't played the games yet, so there is no way to tell how its plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

from leak nfo

Have fun playing, but buy the game, cause this wasnt intended to be leaked! After the source leak, there was no reason for keeping the beta private.

to me that sounds like whoever leaked the beta had nothing to do with the hack and it was indeed a beta not a pre gold version.

Houston, we have a lamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Originally posted by Giblet
    Yes I've seen a bunxh of videos with scipted sequences and a bunch of rip offs, whats your point. You haven't played the games yet, so there is no way to tell how its plays.

why couldnt he have played it?

the thing that ANON stole is widely available thru xdcc, ftp's, dc, and whatever else - which shows lots of parts of the game and it fully works - so er.. yeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

if this was in reference to me too, i don't even care about this game, i'll probably never play it, i just know some people have been waiting ages for this game and this fool is making them wait longer :p

Originally posted by eyerer
    if this was in reference to me too, i don't even care about this game, i'll probably never play it, i just know some people have been waiting ages for this game and this fool is making them wait longer :p

just a general comment, not directed at any one person as opposed to a particular group of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

After a quick look at the leaked version I'm still none the wiser about how the game will look or play! Unless you feel you really have to I wouldn't even bother looking for it, much less downloading it. Wait until April and you will probably be far happier.
    And as was said on other posts on the subject, I agree that the leak is a lame excuse for pushing back the release. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that by blaming the leak/theft for the later release is a ploy by Valve, who hope that the reaction to the delay will be somebody grassing up the mole.
    I don't recall reading anywhere that somebody actually hacked into their system to steal the code but I'm sure somebody will correct me on that one.

Originally posted by DRakE
    Have you seen ANY of the HL2 Vids? if you had, you wouldn't say that

What am saying is that people get a mental image of what they want the game to be like and hype themselves up for it. I don't doubt it would be good if value deliver what they promise but will it be as good as people pictured??

And i have seen HL2 vids and it does look good but thats not playing the finished game!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It's also some peoples work for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ah monument head nail hammer etc:

If someone stole work from where i work and put my job under threat because they a fukkin nerd whose live revolves around a bleedin video game i would be well pissed.

We make software in work and if one was stolen i would be out of a job simple as that.
    And if it was stolen for industrial espionage (its a possible and very real threat where i work) then its understandable there is money involved but if some nerd stole it and released cos he wants the game quicker or thinks Level 5 boss is crap.
    Thats just not on he should be shot as shinzon said he waiting 5 years for it thats how long these guys are working on this.
    We all know that the engine the game runs on will be sold to other games designers so therefore the guys who made are seriously in danger of losing their jobs because a nerdy kid stole 5 years of work and released it on interweb for other nerds to bitch about how crappy the game is (even tho its not on a shelf in a shiny case).

/ rant over :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I remember watching videos, and downloading pictures left right and centre, of GTA Vice before it was released. Rockstar promised the second coming of video gaming christ and released loads of beautiful high res pics and movies from www.kentpaul.com till i was practically ready to kill my own family to get a play of it. Then i played it. Played it some more. Realised it wasnt that much different from GTA3. Got disappointed. Got pissed at Rockstar for hyping it up out of all proportion.
    Just dont get suckered into the HL2 hype before youve played the full version, no matter how good the videos are. Chances are itll be cool, but..wait till youve played the retail version before you go calling it the greatest game of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Indeed. Let's not forget that right now, Valve are the very epitome of a one-hit wonder - five years since their last and only stunning game, and those five years have been full of broken promises about new games (TF2 for Christmas 2000, anyone?), utterly rubbish HL mods (Ricochet? Deathmatch Classic?) and gradually screwing over CS since they took it under their wing.

A few heavily scripted E3 demos and some very nice artwork in a leaked beta do NOT a stunning game make. Not yet, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I do believe i said similar words to that effect Shinji a good while back{as far as TFC2}.
    I just hope {you're} wrong.

need a good singleplayer FPS to while away the hours since Opflash.

I....itch for some shooty goodness

Originally posted by monument
    It's also some peoples work for a few years.

aye, this is true. apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes the leaked version is available through various sources, but he still hasn't played HL2, I'll let you guess why. CLUE: read this post!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Shinji
    Indeed. Let's not forget that right now, Valve are the very epitome of a one-hit wonder - five years since their last and only stunning game, and those five years have been full of broken promises about new games (TF2 for Christmas 2000, anyone?), utterly rubbish HL mods (Ricochet? Deathmatch Classic?) and gradually screwing over CS since they took it under their wing.

A few heavily scripted E3 demos and some very nice artwork in a leaked beta do NOT a stunning game make. Not yet, at least.

Heartily agree with your analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Most game companies release countless mediocre titles. At least Valve has given us one classic. I know I'd prefer to work for Valve than for someone like Ravan. Valve will succeed again with Half Life 2.

Ricochet is very much an acquired taste, but Deathmatch Classic is great fun especially for a Quake 1 veteran like my self. The Team Fortress 2 debacle could be compared with 3DRealms’s engine changing inclination. I wouldn’t blame them for putting TF2 on the long finger; Half Life 2 is clearly a much more promising game.

The thief was obviously out to prove that he’s the man, in some way shape or form. In reality this disaster couldn’t have happened to nicer people. How many other game companies give fans guided tours, reply to countless emails (I’ve received 6 email replies from Gabe Newell), give endless free support to the mod community and create a new engine that is designed from the start to be customizable and modable (new word btw ;) ).

The beta is definitely very buggy, but I for one can see that the game is going to be good, and more importantly, the engine is excellent.

Originally posted by Shinji
    and gradually screwing over CS since they took it under their wing.

and dod aswell. what the hell were they thinking.

/me waits for uber cs on xbox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sorry for dragging up old post but this funny :d

uf006022.gif

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    II....itch for some shooty goodness

Would sir try a small helping of ThirdPersonShootieGoodness... perhaps a smidgen of Max Payne 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I’ve received 6 email replies from Gabe Newell

Did you promise him pies?

• Advertisement
Advertisement