Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7650 problems with e-mail

• 11-10-2003 11:51am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a 7650 on Friday and am having some problems with setting up the email facilities on the phone.
    Ive got all the settings from O2 but I keep getting general system error messages anytime I try to retreive/send email.This is happening if I try through gprs and wap.Ive no problems connecting to the homepage with either service so Im convinced its a problem with the email setup.
    O2 say everything is 100% with the settings but it could be a problem with my sim card which is about 2 years old and may need to be updated.
    Or else the phone is fu<ked.
    Any one any ideas????Can I use any email on this phone or does it have to be 02.Can I also use a voda phone access point??
    Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

you cant use vodafones access point on O2. are you on a bill or pay as you go. if your on a bill, you have a setting wrong or your sim needs an upgrade for GPRS. if youre on pay as you go, i dont think its posible but you could prove me wrong there. when i was on vodafone rtg, i dialed to my ISP (NTL) and sent and recived email that way. when i moved to bill, i just connected to GPRS for mail. hope this helps.

Advertisement