Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL's sneak tactics have spread to Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Celt
    I'm aware it's 1gb per day, I meant 1gb per day for aweek(ie 7gb) and then 200mb per day for the next 3 weeks so a total of 12gb for the month.

On another note, do you have any idea if it would be possible to get 1mb down/512k up with digital tv package?

I doubt NTL do non custom cable packages, but I thought I'd ask.

<edited>Naughty lenny :)</edited>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Celt - NTL do not support non standard installs but if you want to know the limitations of DOCSIS go to http://www.cablemodem.com/downloads/slideshow.ppt

Captainpat - dont worry too much unless you hear from NTL - and then they will let you know what to do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Lenny
    This also isn't the first time someone has offered the url to people on boards, I know of a few people I gave the url too, and a few others off boards have it too!
    we're a sharing community!
    What URL is this?

just for educational purposes like

But this is what the NTL costs over here(or those of you who have actualy recieved a bill, i haven't ever gotten a cable bill yet, have cable prob more than a year and a half)

• Advertisement

Oh Lenny........sigh......!!

Anyway - usage policy for NTL is here http://www.ntlworld.com/legals/user-policy.htm

That user policy just for Uk or for both Eire too?
    cause I see it refaring back to Uk laws about data protections ect,

It's UK - but assume it's the same in definition....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

That user policy just for Uk or for both Eire too?
    cause I see it refaring back to Uk laws about data protections ect,
    Eire? Do you mean Ireland?

Is there another country called Eíre? :p

• Advertisement

Dunno - But "Oirland" is definately in there somewhere :) but we are not part of the "mainland"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Is there any country called Eire?

Crawler, thanks.

Getting sick of 128kb upload :(

I know Celt, 128k upload sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

at least that's not capped!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Eire? Do you mean Ireland?
    Originally posted by Celt
    Is there any country called Eire?
    No, no, a thousand times no, we're not having that argument here

... though obviously both of you pedants are totally correct:D

Politics board or anywhere else thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by sceptre

There is no country called Éire BUT if there were then the T&C's would apply there . They do not apply in the Republic of Ireland and nor do the UK Data Protection Acts . :D

The Isle of Wight is part of the UK mainland but Norn Iron is not. The Isle of wight is an island and not connected to Ingerlun at all, except by ferry.

M

There isn't any country called "Eíre".

The Irish language name for Ireland is Éire (not Eíre), but if you check with the UN and the EU, you'll find they they include Ireland in their members, not Éire.

Originally posted by sceptre
    What argument? There is no argument - a lack of understanding, certainly, but no argument.
    ... though obviously both of you pedants are totally correct:D
    No, only one of us is correct.

It's not a political argument - I'd be stunned if Lenny was making a political point, and I'm pretty sure that NTL couldn't give a damn.

Advertisement