Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress bugler

Options
  • 11-10-2003 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Time for my college graduation ceremony soon. I shall be purchasing a new suit, and it will be black. BUT, I'm not sure as to the shirt and tie...

Should I go

a) with a white shirt and black tie? (A bit funereal?)

b)with a white shirt and some other colour tie?

c) with a black shirt and black tie. Is this completely taboo? (a bit preacher-esque?)

d) with a black shirt and charcoal/grey tie?

e) with a charcoal shirt and black tie?

f) Away.

I'm not a fan of exotically coloured shirts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

What colour is your hood/epitogue?

I'm not suggesting you match it, but it might be an idea to pick something that won't clash loudly with it (unless you don't mind cringing when you look back at your photos in years to come).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

All I'll say is...
    Anything but a White or Cream suit !!

When I graduated last year 2 guys in my class got the oddest looks, simply because the gown is black and there is such a contrast.

I'll be graduating again this year and I must start thinking about the wardrobe. Think though it will be black - white - black again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I wore my normal raggedy clothes under my robe. Did the job just fine. Handed it back ASAP.

One guy wore a Superman suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Roffel.

Robes will be basic black I believe. It's about time I owned a suit anyway, so I shall be buying one. I don't care for photos with me in them, so I'm also not very worried about that. I've canvassed other people on the matter and most seem to favour option D, with a few strongly advocating the all black dealy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The epitogue/hood is the thing that goes around your neck, last year mine was red and blue. I would go for all black or black and grey

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement