Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn connection Woes

• 11-10-2003 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my usb isdn connection that after so many minutes the connections is dropped this usually happens in the middle of a game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Could always try a different ISP, even if only to see if that's where the problem lies.
    Is it a regular occurance, like so regular you could almost predict when it's going to happen? Or just completely random?
    As always, more information helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I assume that you've got autodisconnect turned off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Another theory I had floating around in the vast empty chasm that is my mind - is to check the USB TA in the device manager, there's a Power Saving tab in there that (on some devices) lets windows turn it off to save power if need be.
    It's an extremely long shot there, but every little helps.

Another thing it could be, is your network rate that you've set your game up with... you didn't mention what game it was, so I'm unable to provide specific advice.
    But I've had it happen to me before, where you've set your network rate too high and end up flooding yourself with too many requested packets.

Then there's the old reliable of "are you using the latest drivers for your device?"
    Get driver updates for your TA and your motherboard chipset.
    You could also poke about in your CMOS settings for some USB related settings.

If it were me though, I'd return it to the shop and get an internal PCI terminal adaptor.
    You might get a better ping aswell.

<--- Mr. Longshot Lasthope McGregor tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have the exact same problem. Your ISP isn't Eircom by any chance is it? I have a feeling its on their part as it happens even more after 6pm. Sometimes its not even possible to connect.

Boadband is on the way though.......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Eircon use the same headend (on the free service anyway) for ISDN and Analogue modems (which of course is an ISDN-style headend) so that means you're just as likely to get kicked off an ISDN connection as you are on a standard dialup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

in answer to ur questions
    i have freesreve anytime
    and happens no matter what game i play cs q3 etc

Advertisement