Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharp gx10i remove wap alert icon - help

• 11-10-2003 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

hey there, ive a prob thats been driving me crazy for the past week and no one not even vodafone can advise me on what to do

i ordered a ringtone through a sms message and got it delivered by connecting to wap and downloading it BUT since then there is a little envelope at the top of my display with wavy lines coming out of it (i
    looked this up in the manual and its a WAP alert, but im finding it impossible to get rid of this now despite deleting all my sms and mms messages.

the manual has nothing on this, i tried powering off my phone and removing battery but nothing, i didnt mind at first but every time i take out my phone and look at the mini display at the front it (when its closed) it looks like i got a message (sms or wap) but i dont.

plz if anyone knows what to do help

thanks a lot
    luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

I have the ordinary Sharp GX10, don't know if they have modified the menus on the 10i model, but this is where you can find it on mine.
    Click on 'live!' and wait till the live menu displays.
    Click on the green 'call' button, you should see options for Back, Home, bookmarks etc.
    One of the options (its 8 on mine) is 'Alert Inbox'.
    If you select that you can see the WAP alerts. You can erase it from there.

Hopefully this will still work on the 10i

Advertisement