Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phones for £20 - theres a CATCH!!!

• 11-10-2003 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

httx://www.themobilematrix.com

This is all over ebay at the moment, seems a bit dodgy, anybody have any experience wit these schemes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This shouldn't be in the bargains forums...you're not personally selling anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by eth0_
    This shouldn't be in the bargains forums...you're not personally selling anything.
    Eh the bargains forum isnt for people who are personally selling, read the forum FAQ in future...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hmm, from a quick glance this looks like a pyramid scheme to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

pyramid pimps should be shot on sight, they call themselves network marketing sometimes .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coolcat03

I went for it like a fool! I'll let ye know how i get on :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

But.... but it says on the site that it's not a pyramid scheme! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

you have no rights unless they are an Irish Based Pyramid :) , ah sure!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

its completly coshir... they use the new trapeziod platform... not to be confused with pyramid.

Has anyone had any luck with this crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

This actually works!!! I paid €40 last Wednesday and I received two Nokia 6600's this morning! I'm returning them though 'cause I asked for two P800's...*

*The above statement has no basis in fact whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BigCon
    This actually works!!! I paid €40 last Wednesday and I received two Nokia 6600's this morning! I'm returning them though 'cause I asked for two P800's...*

*The above statement has no basis in fact whatsoever.

If you don't have anything truthful to post, please don't post at all. kthnx.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How does it work?
    It is important that you understand how The Mobile Matrix works before participating. You are initially buying a games and ringtones CD for £20. Your mobile phone is a free gift, which is guaranteed to be delivered when you reach the top of your list.

of course if you don't reach the top of the list you don't get no FREE phone.
    Nice scam - since the phone is FREE and a GIFT you can't sue them and since you have the CD you paid for...)

=====================

[wool for eyes]
    When you buy one of our mobile phone CD-ROMs for £20 €35 euros), you are entered into the matrix list for free. When the required number of new members join, the person currently at the top of the list will receive their chosen handset.

I have placed an order three weeks ago - Why have I not yet received my CD?
    Due to a backlog of orders and recent postal strikes in the UK, the delivery time for CDs is currently up to 2-3 weeks.
    If you have not received your CD within 28 days then please contact us, stating your name, address and date of order.

How long will I have to wait for my free mobile phone?
    A number of CD-ROM sales are required to cover the cost of one free mobile phone. For example, for each Motorola V300 we need 19 CD-ROM sales. So, if you were 20th on the list for your V300, you would normally need to wait for 20x19 CD sales before your V300 is sent. If an average of 5 people per day choose the V300 then you would wait 76 days. or maybe longer :( ...

Is this a MLM or pyramid scheme?
    No, it is neither The Mobile Matrix is a straight line matrix system, ... You will be purchasing a CD-ROM and not a place on the matrix list. Your mobile phone should be considered as a free gift. :D

And there was me thinking that linear was one dimensional and a matrix needing to be at least two dimensional

Please note that there is currently a backlog of enquiries and replies can take up to ten working days :(:(

Can I participate if I'm not in the UK?
    Yes. Simply order your CD-ROM and we'll send you your payment options. Delivery of the CD-ROM will be free but you will be asked to pay the shipping charge for your mobile phone. A cash alternatively may be offered to international participants.

Simply make your cheque for €100 for p&p to ... and we will rush your voucher for €99.99 to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

simple.....

for every 30 cd's the sell the give away 1 phone,once the list gets too long a few hendred entries, no one is gonna buy the cdrom if there are gonna be added to the bottom of the list, then everyone else on the list can't get the phone, hard luck mate

and be oh so carefull on ebay a lot of people are selling a link to the mobile matrix, and making it look like there selling a phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Patiko

I'm now in the top 10 of one of the lists and i know somebody who has received their phone but I'm not holding my breath waiting! The list isn't updated as frequently any more which is kinda annoyin and the people behind me are gonna skip over me cos they have points for referring people.

In an ideal world people would keep joining the lists forever and then everyone on the list would get a phone but eventually the lists will hit a point where the people at the bottom will never get anything except that cd-rom!

Advertisement