Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf1942 on a geforce2

Options
  • 11-10-2003 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I have a geforce2 32 meg card (its a gts i think) battlefield seems to run pretty bad fps, anything i can do to make it faster besides turning down all the graphics? anything on the card apart from buying a better one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

update your drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Geforce 2 32mb.... Bless you soul

preform some paganistic ritual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Turn the sound effects to minimum, turn off the tooltips, stick it in 800x600 and if you smell burning rubber, turn off your computer.

buy a new card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Geforce2 is supported by Battlefield1942, but does just meet its minimum system requirements.

The other thing that can give you bad FPS is lack of RAM. How much RAM does your system have? Battlefield1942 reccomends a minimum of 128mb Ram but i would say 256mb is more of a minimum play.

If you have enough ram or you know that the ram isint a problem then dont play with 64 other guys :) . Setup a COOP lan with only maybe 24 or 20 players and see how that runs, drop it down lower and lower until you find your best performance.

Soon i will have 1GB of ram :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

i dropped the sound down to 11 khz, basically as low as it goes and it runs alot better, I am on modem so I only join 20 or 32 player servers, seems to be okay. I usually last about 15 mins on a server before I get disconnected...I dunno if thats me being kicked? or getting kicked because of modem? or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Youre more than likely getting kicked cause your ping is too high. It happened to me...and ill never forget the pain.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

hello
    if you go to console and type

renderer.extrapolateFrame 0 or
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 1 to put it back

this may give the fps a huge jump

also try
    renderer.lockfps # (Attempts to keep FPS at number entered)
    at a value of 15 or something so it will be more consistant

some other things that may help are:

renderer.mipMapBias # (Determines how clear the textures appear. The lower the value, the sharper the textures ranging from -8 to 14.)

renderer.getVSyncEnabled (Displays whether Vsync is enabled (1) or disabled (0))

renderer.vertexFogEnable 1/0
    renderer.forceSWSkinning 1/0

Play around with the sound too, may feel a bit of a difference
    The Following settings can't be changed in-game. You can edit/insert these settings in the Sound.con file.
    Sound.setDopplerFactor 1/0 (Turns on/off 3D Audio effects)
    Sound.drawSoundObjects 1/0 (As above)

but overall when new good cheap graphics cards cost around €60 why bother punish yourself?

do everything meadows said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Meadows
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 0 or
    renderer.extrapolateFrame 1 to put it back

what do these 2 do?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

When you move your cursor in the ingame menus or just look around you may notice a delay between when your mouse moves and what is displayed on the screen. Setting the value to 0 gets rid of this but gives a flicker output, which I find less anoying. Putting it back to the default value of 1 puts it back to normal.

Advertisement