Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imsa

• 11-10-2003 10:14pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The UCC mathsoc will be hosting this year's IMSA conference.

For those of you who have never heard of it, it is an anual conference organised by the country's mathsocs, last year it was held in Trinity and UCD(DCU?) the year before. It is held over a weekend, and consists of a mixture of lectures and social events. It is well worth attending as you will learn a bit and will get to meet loads of wonderfull mathsy ppl!

For more info contact your mathsoc

Can any active members of mathsoc's up the country please e-mail us for organisational details. mathsoc@www.ucc.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭charlieroot

Two years ago it was DCU - ahem - best IMSA weekend ever :)

Noel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

perhaps you should come to the cork one to see that it will be better, coz ucc rock!

I'll more than likely be there if DCU mathsoc can get off the ground this year - which I think it will.

Noel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I hope UCD MathSoc will do something about this. So far there has been only 1 event since the year started :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

find the ringleader and get them in contact w/ us, it;ll be great craic

• Advertisement

Shame on other colleges for the lack of reply and the deffering. Shame on all of you! SHAME!! SHAME!! :mad: :mad:

(I get mad when I don't get me maths....)

Not to worry, its on after christmas. It'll give other colleges time to organise stuff. Generally trying to organise a bunch of maths heads is like herding cats (in my limited experience). So possibly a good thing no?

Noel.

Yeah I suppose...

i had the weekend off work and everything for it. now i gotta write in for the new time, not exactly sure of the new date, its still provisional yet but cross fingers various other mathsocs get their fingers out and get ye ye're maths!

Right so ladies and gentlemens,

IMSA will be held in UCC on the last w/e of January, that's the 30th, 31st and 1st of feb.

It promises to be great craic and very interesting!

Further details will be passed on to the various math societies over the coming weeks. So get on to your local mathsoc for more info. (If your mathsoc is dead or dying, consider resurrecting it! for this w/e if not longer!)

Will post more info as i get it.

Tríona

• Advertisement
Advertisement