Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male "pill" / injection

• 12-10-2003 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking on equality etc, and my fear of pregnancy, I wonder is there a male "pill" or injection contraception available?

my girlfriend is on the pill and she doesn;t like the use of condoms. We are both tested free from STI so this is not a problem. Both blood donors, so tests are every 3months for us.

I'm just scared of gettign her pregnant, and I would liek the extra security of a male injection too.

The questions are

does one exist
    where does one get it?

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

There's a male injectable in development which is meant to suppress sperm production. However it's not due to be realeased for commercial consumption for a few years.

There are many resources out there regarding contraception etc. If you look through the other threads on this board I'm sure you'll find relevant links etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

And after that comes out they'll need a pill that makes women believe men who go 'oh yeah luv, I'm on the pill'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

wonder what happens if the couples testing it made babies???

gonna try the "Hi i am testing th Male contraceptive" chat up line saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah I can see that working :rolleyes:

The "njection" was developed in Australia and as far as I'm aware also underwent it's first stage of trials there. The couples tested produced no babies (hehe!) whilst the man took the contraceptive. The testing is by no means complete as yet though and if any girl is stupid enough to fall for that stupid line she deserves to get pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I was waiting for a thread on this (thought Amz was gonna start it) and I hoped someone would have posted it in science *sniff*

Anyway, it only passed phase 1 trials. It looks promising, but it has phase two trials (approx 20 million USD worth of trials) and then phase 3 to go. Will mostlikely be 2006 earliest before you can buy it here.

In other words, don't hold your breath (or no contraception).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

if its 100% effective as a contraceptive then thats great. but we still need something that will give us 100% protection against Aids,syphillus,crabs etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    we still need something that will give us 100% protection against Aids

<pedantic> You can't catch AIDS</pedantic>

Advertisement