Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with freezing on BF1942 and Ati Radeon 9600 pro

Options
  • 12-10-2003 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Right as the title suggest theres a big problem, bought this card on friday, installed it no hassle, have put on a few games, went to install bf1942, installed ok and then went to run it

One of 3 things happens

1) freezes on the main menu, mouse wont move, doesnt do anything so have to press the reset button

2) gets to the loading screen then just boots me back to the desk top

3) Just restartrs the machine

Have the latest catalyst drivers 3.8, direct x 9.0b, latest sound card drivers, latest via 4 in 1 drivers and the mobo flashed to the lateset bios revision

Dont know whats going on so has anyone else have this problem and if so how the hell did they solve it cause its driving me up the wall

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

have the same card and ive never experienced any of this [although ive only had it a few weeks, so will it happen over time:( ?]

i do however get these little white lines that flash across the screen every now and again.

ive not been very helpfull on this board as of late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Got this sorted

I had to do a complete system restore and clean everything off the machine but tis working now, only thing now is i wish i could connect and play a few games online withouht being kicked off the server for lag

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Jimmeh, make sure your refresh rate is 75hz or so. If you have a low refresh rate you will find that the screen can flicker. I run mine at 75hz.

To change: Display > Settings > Advanced > Monitor
    change the refrech rate to about 75hz. If it is already at 75hz then ignore :)

Quite strange, with the catalyst drivers that came with this card the game has no problem running on the 8 speed AGP setting, with the newer catalyst 3.8 drivers, if i have it on the 8 speed setting the game freezes at the main menu screen and i have to restart, but if i change the smartgart setting to 4 speed it works fine

Again this only happens on the newer 3.8 drivers

Any ideas

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

:mad: Shinzo i had the same problum you had but i cleaned that up but now i hav a bigger problum. i cant go online because when i do it say INVALID CD KEY. I haven't given me game CD Key to anyone no one knows but me! then when i went to uninstall bf1942 (original) it wont respond. The mouse has a egg timer beside it for a second and then i wait and nothing happens???:confused: .

I've unistalled bf1942 road to rome with ease!

Every time i try to Uninstall bf1942 (secret weapons of WWII) But when ever i do it starts to go installing and not uninstalling im just wondering do you have any idea what i shud do??:confused::(:confused: .

If you dont would you be able to contact winters?

I dont know how to PM my bro always does it for me but he wont help me no more:( .

THX in advance!!:D

and plz hurry im just dieing to play!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by shinzon
    Again this only happens on the newer 3.8 drivers

Any ideas

Shin

Roll back to the old drivers. You should be able to download old Catalyst drivers from blueyonder.I have heard a few reports of people having problems with the newer ATI Catalyst drivers [3.8]
    Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    Every time i try to Uninstall bf1942 (secret weapons of WWII) But when ever i do it starts to go installing and not uninstalling im just wondering do you have any idea what i shud do??

If its not letting you uninstall BF correctly just go into Windows Explorer and delete the actual folder. Backup what you need if you want/need to. You chould find it in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942. Just delete the main Battlefield1942 folder then reinstall it. Thats the best why I can think of at the moment. You should be able to do a clen install then after that. Only delete the Battlefield 1942 folder if you are sure you cannto remove the game!. Try and repair it if it gives you that option. A lot of installers give you three options nowadays when you run an install. Reinstall, Repair and Remove.

What i did was download the omega drivers from

www.omegacorner.com

These drivers are based on the 3.8 catalyst architecture but are in know way connected to ATI

theyve solved all my probs graphically with freezing up etc and i can now run the game in full 8 speed agp No probs at all

Shin

Advertisement