Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW- Getting worse?

• 12-10-2003 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

O.K I watched RAW this week and I just can't figure what the writers are thinking about.

They kick off the show with Kane, have him beat Rosy and Hurricane, then have Shane get involved and this all leads to the car smash.

Now this is all well and good as far as that goes but for the next hour all we get is inturruptions to matches by King going 'JR how can you concentrate on this match with Kane in that wreck'. Then we would cut away from the match to see Kane in the wreck. This spoiled every match during this segment and just p!ssed me off.

Why wasn't this left to the end? It would have been a much better finish than a start. Then it wouldn't have interfered with any other match.

As for the rest the best moment of the show was Lance Storm keeping his 'Face' character and backing Austin. The tag match with Storm and RVD Vs. Y2J and CLB was the best match of the night.

Goldberg Vs. Henry was as expected and did nothing to get the pulse racing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Brian Gerwitz should be taken out and shot. He's doing the majority of RAW writing atm.

And if you were honestly expecting Henry V Goldberg to actually make a dent in it's programming, then i feel sorry for you! ;)

I really can see them re-hiring Vinny Ru as an act of desperation!
    Nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

It will keep getting worse until HHH is taken out of action for good as long as he has anything to do with the show its gonna suck, this whole thing about him putting a reward on Goldbergs head is gonna continue until he gets a title shot and Flair is gonna help him win it again, then we'll have to wait another few months until he loses the title for a month and win it back again. Its just the same boring crap over & over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

HHH is the least of the problim now, the problim is the wrestlers he's berried, after a year at the bottom whos going to take RVD and Kane as serious contenders for the title and now their pushing rvd and y2j as i.c. contenders this is only further cement them as midcard wrestlers. dosent Brian Gerwitz see that these are the ones thatare going to pull raw out of its slump.

P.S. i read somewhere that people in wwe are blameing the name change of the tv staston for the reacent drop in reatings,
    i just have to say typical dumb americans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Why wasn't this left to the end? It would have been a much better finish than a start. Then it wouldn't have interfered with any other match.

Reminds me off the Rock/Hogan incident on SD a while back.
    the one where he was nailed with a 18 wheeler.

I reckon the only time this method works is when whoever gets nailed/arressted etc. comes back at the end of the show ala Austin on so many occasions and Angle with his Milk truck!
    This nearly always makes for a memoriable ending
    They certainly should'nt keep going back to clips during the rest of the night. Takes the impact away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

but we are supposed to be worried and concerened about who got mangled

supposed being the key word. its all bull**** the way RAW handled that last week. no one cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

RAW is going down the tubes, it's not rocket science.
    And for those who think that it's improving. It's not, it's just that Smackdown is getting worse as well. Big Show's sewage display took Smackdown to an all time low, but toilet humour sells in the states obviously as it drew ratings!

At the end of the day, McMahon doesn't care about the quality of his product, he just wants to see ratings, when he sees ratings, he sees $$$$!

So expect it to get worse :(
    Nero

Advertisement