Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching From Iol Anytime To Iol Broadband

Options
  • 12-10-2003 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭

Has anyone switched from IOL anytime to IOL BB and was there an extra charge as the 12 months had not expired?

And I just checked on the IOL website about registering but it comes back and says my no is not BB enabled!!! This is not true as EIRCON are deluging me with requests to sign for BB and I had BB for a trial as well!!

Does the local exchange have to be IOL enabled to allow me to get IOL BB??

Totally confused.

gbcullen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have a similar request for UTV, and am waiting for a reply (it is the weekend loike). Basically I'm waiting for my new line to be included in the DSL test DB and want some flatrate before upgrading to BB. We'll wait and see.

Give IOL sales a ring and tell them exactly what you said here. I know us nerds aren't into doing things the old-fashioned way :p but computer systems are rarely designed to deal with strange cases :)

They seem to be just reselling eircom's product, since they ask for an eircom a/c no. Does this mean EsatBT have stopped upgrading exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by GBCULLEN

And I just checked on the IOL website about registering but it comes back and says my no is not BB enabled!!! This is not true as EIRCON are deluging me with requests to sign for BB and I had BB for a trial as well!!

Eircom keep a certain amount of ports on the dslam for themselves and their eircom.net dsl customers. Possibly all the ports assigned to IOL on your exchange have been filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for replies, i don't want to ring esat 1st and be fobbed off so checked on here then ring them.

eth0 u could have the answer but not very nice if it is true.

will ring tommorrow and post back

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

I am in the process of switching and have been told that my anytime payments will be used to offset the bradband payment.

I will believe it when I see it - but actually called 3 times just to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by eth0_
    Eircom keep a certain amount of ports on the dslam for themselves and their eircom.net dsl customers. Possibly all the ports assigned to IOL on your exchange have been filled.
    1) Eircom aren't allowed to do that, and 2), that wouldn't have any effect on whether your line is enabled for BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

sorry for coming back late but as u may have read elsewhere had a problem when my line was denoting as failing for BB so had to get eircon moving and explain that as I already had BB on a trial etc etc. End result line now passed and I ordered iol over the internet. I will wait and see what they offer me.

I can cancel if they insist on paying for the remaiander of IOL anytime but I might not get that new offer which again would be naughty.

gbcullen

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by manic_monster
    I am in the process of switching and have been told that my anytime payments will be used to offset the bradband payment.

I will believe it when I see it - but actually called 3 times just to check.
    Somehow I think I'd be more likely to trust UTV than EsatBT where billing are concerned... ;)

I don't have any personal experience with EsatBT, but having read some of the horror stories here...

Advertisement