Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which "Flat Rate" ISP are you using?

Options
  • 12-10-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick survey to see who's with who and what you think of the package you signed up to. I'm limiting the providers to those who offer dial-up national coverage so no NTL etc.

So please vote and then give your views....

Mike.

Which Flat-Rate ISP do you use? 20 votes

UTV ip XL
    0% 0 votes
    IOL Anytime
    70% 14 votes
    Eircom Anytime
    30% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

well im supposed to be on UTV but i still cant CONNECT!! ARRGHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Have been using IOL Anytime for a few months now, overall I'm pretty happy with it. It does have the occasional problem but it's no big deal.
    As soon as DSL is available on my exchange I'm gone though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

UTVip (lite) for me. As previously posted I had lots of connections problems but they seem to be sorted for me now. Connect first time every time (nearly) and 46/47K. Happy so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I am with UTVip XL, of course.

Why ?.. because I (VIEW) them as the best, at the mo!.

P.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I better give my own views!

I'm with UTV as they were the first and they're the cheapest but I have to say the quality of service has slipped as the numbers using it has grown. Hopefully this is a period of adjustment and they'll have me connected first time everytime (!) soon....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

I'm on with IOL anytime and it does the trick, the only thing is ya get disconnected after a few hours (about 5 or thereabouts)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

UTV, and no complaints about the service. Having to roll over occasionally, but it's great to at least have a rollover capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rollover doesn't work for some ISDN people, and the service and quality is pants.

UTV here (unfortunatly)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

I'm with UTVip Lite, been with them since they where dna. Seen a few ups and downs but generally a very good service. Had a problem last month while they where upgrading (messing) with there service - after talking with support resolved this be disabling v92 protocol - v90 working fine. Skywalker - ye might try that as a test but contact support they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

anytime is great, but they have cache issues (i think), an ever increasing number of pages don't load unless you try loading them with a proxy, like www.theregister.co.uk for me anyway
    :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iol anytime no probs here cept for one nite that i had a ping of 60 constent instead of 40 (ISDN user for your infomation)

Advertisement