Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~a Rant~

• 12-10-2003 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Just a rant about the terrible week I have had!

Sunday my little brother was in a car wreck. Two of the boys were hospitalized and my brother and another friend were barley scratched up. Thank Goodness.

Monday-Wednesday work was a living hell. I was exposed to a patient with bacterial meningitis and ERRRRr had to take the meds for that GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Thursday night my brother goes out and I get a call Friday early morning about 2:00 am that he has been involved in another wreck. He fell asleep at the wheel ran through a fence and into a tree. This time there were also 4 boys, two of which were in the first crash. Two again were admitted and my brother gets to come home with his cracked ribs and his really really black swollen eye. I was a nervous wreck and really torn up about his condition. My mother and stepfather are going through a divorce and since I live alone I have somehow assumed the responsibility for my youngest brother who is only 18. I am carring him financially and giving him a place to stay for the time being but good lord I am not to sure how much longer I can take all this.

~DR~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah Dr I am soo sorry to hear this Girl you know how to reach me if you need me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Thanks Thaed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Sorry to hear that DriftingRain. Hope it all sorts itself out soon.

*hugs*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

indeed DR
    that's a lot of weight to carry on such young shoulders
    I hope everything works out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Hope you've banned him from cars, for the moment.

My only sure fire cure for anixity is chocolate, lots of good yummy comforting chocolate.

Failing that, friends + wine + dinner someone else cooked = relax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bloody hell Drifting Rain not a good week at all. Just chain the little blighter to the bed and feed him stale bread and tepid water for a week. That will learn him :p

On a more serious note he has used up 2 pieces of good luck in one week, by the sounds of it he could have been seriously injured or worse. I hope for your sake he cops on.

On another note, when are you coming over to Ireland :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

With all due respect, your brother needs a good slap in the mouth and should be counting his lucky stars he has not been sued by the other parties in the car he was driving...

Get him to clean up his act or turf him out, ya have enough probs of your own! Just out of curiousity, where did he get the two cars to wreck? If you are bankrolling him, I am guessing they were not his cars, which leads to the next questions, whos cars were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Which leads to the next question .. Were they nice cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sorry DR :(

I knew about the second crash, but you never told me about the first :eek:

/me huggles DR

And everything Thaed & Gandalf said too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey DR
    god what a stressful week i can see why you must be wreaked!!
    i hope your feeling better now, what you need is a nice relaxing herbal bath and a glass (if not bottle) of wine

my regards to your brother i hope he gets better soon!

im only echoing what the others are saying with the greatest of respect, your brother needs to be slapped about with a wet trout he's been very very lucky and tho he's young i hope he's lernt from something from this

g'luck i hope things pick up for you soon
    AL][EN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

judging by warmth of replies u have alot of good friends to lean on- do so
    judging by ur brothers luck he has a great gaurdian angel (as well as you)
    hope it gets better real soon and real fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Hang in there buddy..
    Sometimes yer ahead, sometimes yer behind,
    The race is long

HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am very curious as to who owned the cars he was driving. I cant help but feel they are stolen cars and if thats the case, actually I wont finish that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    I am very curious as to who owned the cars he was driving. I cant help but feel they are stolen cars and if thats the case, actually I wont finish that!
    aye, i was thinking the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Btw - and I know this won't help really - but nobody who isn't drunk falls asleep at the wheel....

Cut him off DR, for your own good. Sorry about the meningiitis btw. Tough call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Btw - and I know this won't help really - but nobody who isn't drunk falls asleep at the wheel....

They did a blood ethanol level on him and it was "0". So I know he wasn't drinking.

On another note...I went out Friday night and had a really great night...even took the little one so I could keep a small bit of an eye on him. We had a great night and a bit of the stress has oozed away. I think he realizes how lucky he was to not be injured any worse than those few ribs and eye. As far as being sued. He wasn't driving in the first crash, and wasn't injured so theres nothing by that one. As for the second he was driving a friends car, with permission and the boy that owned the car didn't have any car insurance. My brother did have it on his car. Therefore his covers the crash because he was given verbal permission as such. Thats all I really know right now.
    judging by warmth of replies u have alot of good friends to lean on- do so
    YEs I have a number of great friends. And I charish them all... I love you guys!
    On another note, when are you coming over to Ireland
    I have no idea but I hope it is within this next year. After the bout with my father and then this mess with my brother I can only happen to save a bit at a time. But I hope it's soon....

Thanks to all of you! Readin the replies has been a major lift to my cloudy skies.....:) You will all never know how much I appreciate all of you. And when I do get on over for a visit a big ol hug and kiss will get to everyone of you! EPPP I better take lots of chapstick..

Thanks again
    ~DR~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Even though I don't know you that wel DR its good to see that you have dealt with this in such a good way and seem to be coping very well I only hope your brother can realise what a good sister he has in you and start to cop himself on

Advertisement