Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Battle of the Rock Clubs is now on!!!!

Options
  • 12-10-2003 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Well as you may or may not know by now, Fibbers is free in since last week its going back to the old Fibbers back in the day! Rock/alternative is upstairs and Metal(all kinds) is downstairs. You know have to go through tthe upstairs to get downstairs. Now as i was in Bruxelles last night, it was majorly packed as always but by 12 it was somehow less packed as they may have found out bout free into Fibbers so me and my mates went down to Fibbers and it was packed.
    So now the fight begins!! Who do u think will win? BRUXELLES or FIBBERS????????:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Well if fibbers start having bands in then they have a serious leg up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hal L. Uja

If fibbers ever goes back to being anywhere near as cool as it used to be I'll eat the biggest shinyest sombrero I can find. And if it becomes like that again it will kick the pants of Bruxelles purely because it will be 5 times the size and be situated on the northside...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yeah but upstairs is still all bright and posh looking I presume?

Fibbers of old was falling apart at the seams, that was one of the best things about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hal L. Uja

Hmmm, upstairs in fibbers isn't exactly posh anymore, it's been awhile since they did it up and the management aren't exactly reknowned for their excellant up keep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

What about getting Ray Magowan to dj at phantasm. His show was deadly. I'd say he'd fill the place. me and my friends would definately go. or would he dj at Fibbers ? maybe better again ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Fibbers definitely won't be same unless they get 'baldy DJ' back.. don't even remebmer his name, but he looked like richard o brien or something..
    Oh, and are they bringing back the DJ's cage to protect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Fibbers in the mid 90's had no competition. I doubt they can contrive to recreate what made it great, but i hope they do a good job none the same.

Bring back the DJ cage, and the stage - with tree trunks for tables, nice and dark up there. Don't know about this smoking ban thing, although they do have the beer garden I suppose

I haven't been there for about 4 or 5 years, do the Goths still hang out or is it full of Limp Bizkit fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

FIBBERS WAS FULL?!
    im shocked and aroused.not aroused by the frequenters of fibbers however...
    but maybe i will be by the extended clientele.

last time i was there on a friday,it was dead and had four/five walking cows,with more hair, that were passing as female Homo sapiens.

must chekc out this new jive

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Yeah Fibbers used to be full almost every night of the week before they started getting fancy ideas. There was a bit of a Fibbers community of people that would be there the whole time and they all sort of knew each other. On Saturday night after 11pm, that place was just one heaving mass of hair and beer.
    Back in my day (!), there was a bouncer called Gino who actually threw me out twice on the same night and some cracking red-haired girl behind the bar.

I think Motley is the name of the bald headed DJ. Top bloke, usually plays whatever you ask for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Hate to disappointe u james hunt , but the management in fibbers closed the beer garden around last july cause apparently the neighbours were complaining and they got garda in a couple time to tell us to be quiet so they had to close it down . They don't play that much gothic music or even black metal that much , haven't seen any goths in recently but they prob still all go to Dominions downstairs in Fraziers, that place is way too small smaller than Bruxelles.
    Where would they put a band in fibbers , best place i think would be the dance floor , that would be cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement