Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tron 2.0 recommended specs

• 12-10-2003 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I played the Tron 2.0 demo today and it recommends that you have 2 Gz, 512mb ram, 128mb graphics card to run at highest settings. I have a pentium 4 2gigz, 256mb ram and 128mb Geforce FX 5600 Ultra. I ran the demo on the highest settings an got no slow down in frame rates or anything. If it doesn't slow down on 256mb ram at the highest setting I wonder why they recommend 512mb ram. Did anybody test out the demo on highest settings using similar set up as me? If so, did it slow down for you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

be happy that the recomended specs actually resembel what s needed to play the game with any kind of playable frame rate. anyone remember deus ex, p2 266 my arse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

that's a big step from the original. i'll bet the gameplay hasn't advanced as much as the system requirements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

the game is really crap. Even though lots of magazines are giving it good marks. I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Try Armagetron instead:
    :f33r: http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/

Very fun - and weighing in at zero euros it's quite the bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I played it through on a 1.5 gig athlon with gf4 4400 512 ram and it played perfectly. Not once did it lag and i had all gfx up to full.

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

maybe they should have tested it more on lower rate systems. Its not very demanding. How could it be. Its mainly just blue and red lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

that armagetron thing is v deadly!

Advertisement