Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

questions: driving test waiting period and insurance

Options
  • 12-10-2003 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What's the "unofficial" waiting time for a driving test in Dublin(Churchtown) these days ? (does it help to send an employer's letter)

If it's too much I was thinking to finally give up and try to buy a small engine car and get it insured on a provisional license?

(27 male / prov hold/ 0 NCB) - if anyone is in a similar situation maybe they could tell how much they pay ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Have you checked
    drivingtest.ie

Waiting times have increased dramatically from last year. They've even taken a few testers out of retirement to reduce the waiting time. All due to penalty points system and the enforcement of existing laws.

Anyhoo, if you apply for a cancelation, waiting time should be a few weeks. A friend got a test on cancellation. Believe it was about a month after applying.

So the thing to do is organise some lessons, say 4 or 5 now. Apply for the test, and you should be sorted. No point in going for the test if you're not prepared. Don't forget failure rates are about 50% overall!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I got a letter from my employer AND applied for a cancellation. It only took about a month and a half to get the test. But be prepared, I got 1 weeks notice before the test.

Advertisement