Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my phone line.

Options
  • 12-10-2003 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I am currently using Elive as my ISP and since I started using them I have been experiencing some problems with my phone line. I cant seem to use the phone but can connect to the internet no problem. This problem comes and goes.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Seriously doubt it has anything to do with Elive.

More likely to be...

(a) a faulty phone on the line (the modem works fine, yes?)
    (b) a faulty socket on the line (try one phone only plugged into the same socket as the the modem is normally)

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

By any chance have you one of the fixed phones with the display (time/date etc), and leave your modem plugged in constantly to the same socket?

The power draw can be too much and can stop the phone from working. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I have a cordless phone which does have caller ID and display. I have the modem pjugged in to the line at all times but the Computer is switched off. It seems to be fine today.

Advertisement