Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh thats very cheeky!!!

• 12-10-2003 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

From the liverpoolfc.tv website:

Liverpool's players have been accused of lacking heart in an amazing outburst by Olimpija Ljubljana striker Mladen Rudonja just days before the two teams meet at Anfield.

The Reds drew 1-1 in Slovenia last month and qualification for the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup will be decided on Wednesday but in an astonishing interview, Rudonja has rubbished the Premiership team.

"Their big players may have lots of money - but that means nothing on the pitch," claimed Rudonja. "You need to have heart and they haven't got it like we have. We're not bothered by them. Every footballer has two legs just like me so why should I say they are better players. If they think they are, they are free to prove it on the pitch."

Rudonja wasn't the only one to have a pop at Liverpool though. The Slovenian team's manager, Suad Besirovic, also had something to say. "If we played Liverpool every week, we'd be top of our league by 20 points," he insisted. "We're going to England with the intention of winning and going into the next round. After seeing Liverpool in action, I know we are capable of that."

these boys are gonna get it good when they come over this week!!

Do ye think that manager is right though, after the first leg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

He's just trying to wind GH up with some minds games. We'll show them just how much heart we have on Wed hopefully;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:
    We'll show them just how much heart we have on Wed hopefully

HOPEFULLY ????? You're some supporter. Maybe they have a point so! Liverpool to be stuffed this week - my prediction. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tinky
    You're some supporter.

See the old winking smily there tinky. Yeah that meant I was messing so I'll take your comment as a compliment. Otherwise try and talk some sense:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Reds will knock five past those cocky little ****es. Anyone remember when Clinton Morrison made similar comments after Crystal Palace's first leg Worthington Cup game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Quote:
    Otherwise try and talk some sense

Mmmm! I thought my second sentence made perfect sense especially compared to this one :

Quote :
    The Reds will knock five past those cocky little ****es.

;);););) . . .sorry . . twitchy eye !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The Reds will knock five past those cocky little ****es. Anyone remember when Clinton Morrison made similar comments after Crystal Palace's first leg Worthington Cup game?

yep and I remember similar posts to this one before the first Leg and we all know what happened then.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Im a pool fan liverpool will get a win but only 2-0 in my opinion and it wont be a whitewash by any means liverpool are not firing on all cylinders at the min and i can totaly understand some of the comments made by those players liverpool look kinda lazy as of late!

Liverpool won't have the fire power up front so it'll be 2-0 I'd say

I reckon Sinama-Pongolle will get a run with Heskey if Owen isn't fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nah they will go through in the end, its always the small clubs ya gotta watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

i hope they beat Liverpool. I agree with their manager too but effectively all it is are mind games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And I had hoped that you were not coming back but we can't always get what we hope for. Realistically, liverpool will beat them by a couple of goals, the question is how convincing the win will be...

Advertisement