Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone play Quake2 Anymore ?

Options
  • 28-07-1999 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

For the last few weeks I've noticed that there's hardly every anyone on the quake.ie quake2 servers, not even the die hards such as spoon or junkie are on anymore. I don't play much in the late evening times but do people still play around then ? I think may be we should have a big ffa on a particular day or a knock out war thing with the various clans to spark some interest back into the game. I'm getting sick of playing on english servers getting lagged out every minute.

Tin(play some more)Cool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

i blame tinet!
    fu<kin money grabbin <unts

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

AAhhh jasus I'm honoured as bein seen as one of the die harders, I truly am.

I should be back on me feet in around a month or so, as regards net access an gettin me ISDN moved, until then lads.

juNk (always a couple of yards down the phone box as in BOX) laa

P.S. HAHHA did anyone see the program last night about the scumbag LADY BOY who got himself a sex change LOL the scumbag like him!! HAHHA I laughed me ar$e off when they showed the doctor fingerin the arse.. I mean his newly found woman hood off him!!!! daa scumbag!! HAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

everyones off playing tribes smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

tribes? hah
    they're all playing quake 1 smile.gif
    least wwman and nog were hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I can see the appeal of Tribes to the more tactically minded among us but in my eyes it doesnt hold a candle to q2 or even quake for that matter (!) but the thing is is no-one is playing Q2 in Ireland much these days. Reckon folk are waiting for Q3, so we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

Dunno 'bout all y'all but I found that tourney map on the latest Q3test distinctly underwhelming, hope we get some better designs in the final release. Mind you I love q2dm4 so I guess that shows I know fu<k all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's summer - ppl aren't in college or are on holliers. This always happens smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

umm HIV are playing at least 4 matches a week, suppose thats called playing then? we played YD on thurs (friendly), DOS on sat (GICL), the UKQCL on sunday, then FED sunday nite (friendly) and NSK on monday (friendly).

um, could we play anymore like? we HAD arranged to play DF on sunday nite but none of you useless twats showed. gits, all mouth and **** all balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

maybe quake2 isn't as fun as it used to be? smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Maybe my *****is itchy and then again maybe Quake will survive all FPS ad infinitem. I mean you've got to ask yourselves (Q2 saddos) why are there so many ultra cool people playing Quake (no 1 needed, it is the original and the best after all) constantly and get involved.

M smymaul.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There are cool ppl playing Quake1? WHERE! SHOW ME!

smile.gif

(No offense lads... tongue.gif)

Oh yeah I'll prolly play a bit of Q2 as well, once I get the computer and ISDN an network an all set up... if only cos Cave will whine his ar$e off if I don't give him his Q2 duel fix regularly....If there's any CTF going I'm up for it especially... anyone play CTF any more? ANYONE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Anyone ever heard of Action Quake 2?

sounds like Malice with a few more shades of brown...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well now,
    DF are playing ctf league on sunday evenings. ukccl every other tuesday. were getting into RA2 league, another dm league and this 4 v 4 v 4 v 4 league.

if you ask the league admins to play on quake.ie, im sure there will be lots of ppl playing there.
    mind you since, no-one plays on them anymore, can DF have the ctf server as their private games server? like that would be nice smile.gif
    yis can come and play on it, just mean that we have a base like.
    smile.gif

white(yeah right... 2 fu<king hopes)wash

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

not a bad idea there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I'm still waiting for someone to beat me in Duels, but noone seems to be obliging. I'm on usually every night Tin if you fancy your chances on DM7 again smile.gif

Kegs.

And whats this about Quake people being cool??

And yes, someone put the CTF Server back up!

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

I'll be home tonite and I'll check out the servers....

And ehhh deny it all u may Kegs ol Buddy, but I remember kicking ure ass in a duel wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

lol brian, ok i'll demo the rematch smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

ROFL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Quake one outlives its unworthy offspring eh?

Well im not surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

As sure as night follows day someone has to stick their oar in with a 'Quake is better than Quake2' comment.

• Advertisement

Indeed.

Well it was inevitable some muppet would have a go.

Kegs.

KEGSER I MAU BE EXTREEEEEEME;Y DRUNK BUT I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KIKC U#R ASS IN A DUELM8EEEEEE VCOME TO MY LAIR AND I SHALL WHOOP YOU OH KEGSY MUSH "!!!!!! KEFGSER OH U SHALL DIE MOST SHUBIGALLY(AS MAKAVVELLI DID TA SHUB LIKE YAE KNOW THE WAY I MEAN)

Anyone else voting yes to have Cheez banned from posting while under the influence of whatever it is he gets influenced by in his spare time?

Kegs.

By the way, I'll be happy to let you kick my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Tis pure true lads, I am a q1 muppet...

however I have recently been playing a bitta q3 and it aint bad a t all, so why don't we all just shake hands and forget about this silly little arguement.

We can then proced to the nearest q3 server so I can rail your sorry q2 muppet asses to the nearest wall.

Agreed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

That rail in quake3 is ******** and i refuse to acknowledge it as a true rail gun:/

sorry bout that very very drunk
    smymaul.gif

Advertisement