Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i get windows 95 working again?

Options
  • 13-10-2003 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

brother put linux partition on windows 95 pc, but then deleted important files by mistake in windows to create space. now windows wont boot . all i have is windows 95 product recovery cd , but that seems to be no good. how can i go about getting windows back on the pc working . do i need an install disc for windows 95?.
    any info would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The win95 CD is not bootable - so you will need a boot disk that can see the CD (eg win98 startup disk)

Some win95/98 CD's do not contain setup.exe in the root or in the win95 / win98 folder - if this is the case with your CD then it gets real messy real quickly.

If it is only the startup files on c:\ that you have delete you can just SYS.COM the drive from another win95 startup disk.
    But only if the command.com is the same size as the on your hard drive or the Win95 CD you have. (there are about 5 different versions of 95 with differing degrees of compataibilty)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

i got win95 disc and got boot disc off net today. it starts up by the floppy boot disc then all i get is an a prompt in dos environment.it mentions banna in cd rom driver. how do i get to install the cd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The win95 CD is not bootable - so you will need a boot disk that can see the CD (eg win98 startup disk)

Advertisement