Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splat Wars: Episode One: The Paintball Menace

Options
  • 23-07-1999 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Update on our paintballing escapade in August...

So far, the people I have down in my ickle black book (ok it's a text file on my desktop) as interested are, in no particular order:

-Devore
    -Gandalf
    -Ronin
    -Verb
    -Draco
    -Slosh
    -Ste
    -Gyck (+1?)
    -Quozl
    -Blade
    -suds
    -Shinji
    -Kindred
    -Kegser
    -WhiteWashMan
    -ButcherOfNog
    -juNkie
    -Shank
    -Hecate
    -Chief
    -Venom

Which is 20. There's tons of room for more people so if you're interested, post here or preferably, email me. Please note though, you have to be over 18 to go - I'm prepared to turn a blind eye to a couple of people who are a few months off it or whatever, but on your own head be it.

I'm pretty much settled on Crossfire, in Kilternan (near Bray) being the best place to go. They are very professional, have good equipment (semi automatics) and a wide variety of games. You also get breakfast, lunch and drinks throughout the day into the price, and they will organise buses in and out of Dublin for us, which is handy.

As to price - for a full day, which I presume is what we want, it's £28 all in, or £25 if we get a large enough group. That gets you 60 paintballs into the deal - you'll probably end up firing about 150-200 or so if you're not going mad, and they cost £1.30 for 10, so you'll probably spend about £15 on them. The bus will be a little extra altogether... However, all in, it shouldn't cost more than a decent night on the town, and for those coming in from the country, I'm sure beds and sofas can be arranged for you!

As regards dates - I asked them for a Saturday or a Sunday, since I know that suits people best. Apparently, Sun 1st, Sat 7th, Sat. 14th, and Sat 21st are all taken in August.... How does Sunday the 8th of August suit people?

Let me know and I'll make the provisional booking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

last time out i used 550 odd bullets I think, and that was about the average. think they were 10quid for a 100, with 250 free to start.

most quake players will probably rack up that amount. bloody tribes players, how much will they charge u for a repair pack? you'll prob use loads of them smile.gif

i just might drop out of this and concentrate on the drinking session the previous nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

and get a deposit from everyone shinji, remember what happened to slosh with the t-shirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You can put me down as well

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Nice one!

Anyone need a lift from around Sandycove drop us a mail when the date is decided.

Room for 2.

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

yeah count me in too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rat

any idea of the date exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Can't make Sunday the 8th :\ If you can get it, take it. I'll join in the next time..

Still a rackful of shirts left too, these ppl will have to pay at QP smile.gif

Get every1 to pay up front...

What shirts?
    How much?
    if they look funky in any way i'll take one.

Soooo funky, with Original artwork by our own FB! Tenner a piece, contact Devore or call to the Nethouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I dunno what the hell you were up to Noel, with 550 rounds... smile.gif

Using automatics perchance? These are semi-autos...
    On average players can use between 100 and 200 extra rounds of ammo, but this largely depends on how trigger happy you are.

OH yes, and if we get more than 30 people, the price goes down, and we get the option of using the showers and bar in the sports club next door at the end of the day, which would probably be a Good Thing because you'll all smell smile.gif

Does August 8th suit everyone else then, other than Slosh? Actually... the 15th is free as well, if that would suit Bri as well?

C'mon people, gimme some feedback here, I just know if I go and book this without getting opinions first you'll all whine that it's inconvenient for you and moan about it for ever after... smile.gif

ja,
    Shin-[wants to shoot some people]-ji

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Noggys a spammer that's why smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Showers eh?....tell me more? :/

August 15 would be great if every1 was okay with it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Whenever.

Everyone at this stage knows I do absolutely nothing so...

Kegs.

8th or 15th, great by me. I didn't realise that we could scrub down in the Sphorts Hotel afterwards... 'aint had a pint up there for some time... we could go for a quick 18 holes afterwards... he jokes, kinda, sorta...

so thats why I'm so bad at q2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Well you can slap me in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

/me slaps Janey

What about that Maximilian chap then? Is he shying off for fear of being shot in the ar$e?

Tell him he can bring his Egomaniac friend along as well....

/me wonders who else we're missing.

CastorTroy... I think he gave me some lame excuse about the 8th there last night, but I can't remember, so I'll put him down too.

What about the rest of those Quake1-ey types? Koopa? Regi? Mindphuck? Ehhh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

8th or 15th is grand with me smile.gif But definately think we shoiuld try to accomadate slosh, if we cann't help the aged who's going to help us when we're old too?
    anyone live near donnybrook and able to give me a lift on the day? I can fit in the boot smile.gif
    Quozl

Ahhh yes that Quozl, what a considerate young man....

• Advertisement

if anyone lives near glasnevin\phibsborough

id love a lift, etc,

and dont worry about it.
    i wont rob ur car or anything. tongue.gif

that would be cool thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The 15th would be out for me, but any other date id fine. Have you checked with Crossfire to see when's free yet?

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Aye, count me in (again).

Slosh you muppet, you don't have to get married that weekend, cmon out instead. smile.gif
    I know I am. Hehe.

I'll be coming from Glasnevin, so a lift is cool.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, im in phibsboro, and id like a lift if thats possible
    ta

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yah, put my name down for it as well.

any date is fine.

Slosh, about the shirt. I know I said I'd take one (when they were sorta not going anywhere. But I don't know if I can get to the Nethouse.. too many pubs on the way...) Maybe you can give it to chaos or Bic, or someone who'll see Chaos for me? (I'll give them the money first..)

J.

couldn't be arsed reading through whole thread, any idea about venue?

What's the story?

What about an agreed date, plus the requited number of cheques for deposits made out to the relevent site...

or what?

Sherry - get into town and yer sorted...

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 31-07-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Anyone going from waterford i want a lift ifs that possible?:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Anyone going straight to hell, no stops, must pay me the fee of: 1 soul, preferably low mileage; £1 Billion in cash, for petrol; and several pints of Bulmers or, alternatively, Budweiser.

I can't give people any lifts, but I am available to counterweight the Q2 people in the front by lying in the boot of anyone going in that general direction.

Kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

get a car you waster tongue.gif

Advertisement