Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changinf money

Options
  • 13-10-2003 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hey fokls

say I want to change a lump of money in 3 months say over £3k stg into euro, whats the best way to do this, s you think, I am a full time student if that helps out at all

thanks folks for any and all advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can't bet against exchange rates, the banks will always have better information than you (unless your name is Gordon Brown).

Just compare rates and charges of all the banks (state the amount) and go with the best deal. Literally ask them "what will STG€3,000 cost me".

Do it in one transaction, not monthly transactions or anything like that if you can as each transaction will attract a base fee.

Secondly there is means of payment. If you are paying a company the money, a wire transfer or similar might work out cheaper than used £20 notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Victor, He asked about changing £3kstg into Euro.

You may get a lot of questions from a bank if changing that amount of stg cash. Money Laundering etc.

Advertisement