Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone six monthly customer care calls

• 13-10-2003 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I got a really weird voicemail message on Friday-basically two minutes of a phone ringing out and then somebody mumbling my name at the end.

Couldn't ring the number back so I rang Vodafone who told me that they had rung me at that time with one of their six monthly customer care calls, and that they'd probably call back with 'an offer' for me.

I had to end the call abruptly and feel a bit stupid ringing back about said offer, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has had one and what it might be. I vaguely remember something about a car kit in a letter a few months ago which would be useless to me as I don't drive. I'm six months into a contract so I don't think it's an upgrade, as much as I'd like one.

Has anyone else had one of these calls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

I got a letter there last week with an offer. €40 off an upgrade (selected phones by what i could gather), and then a car kit installed for €129.

Havent got a call about it though. Might be something different. Typical the phone i wanted was on the letter! the sharp GX10i, 7250 and some more, i havent got it handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

i got one of those offers in the post about this time last year. they offered me 200 - 250 euro off a vodafone live handset. i got my 7650 then. it was originally 579 as an upgrade, but i got it for 329 with the fix. handy that. could be worth taking a call! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭girldef

It was probably just a call advising of new products and services! Used to work for them, they tend to do that alot (for customer satisfaction and that sort of crap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

still. got me a cheap phone so im happy!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its probably just a hello hows it going call... The logic behind it is to call you, ask you if you need any help with anything or have any problems, and then fix them all at one go. The purpose is to save the customer the hassle of calling multiple times and to save Vodafone the money and time of having to accept multiple calls...

• Advertisement
Advertisement