Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good headphones

Options
  • 13-10-2003 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

How ar ya's

Anyone know where I can buy good quality head phones? I currently have the ones I got with my Song discman. There the ones that fit inside your ear. I find I can't hear the bass on them when I’m on the bus or a nosey environment. I don't really like them huge DJ like head muffins but I would like the sound quality you get with them. I'm looking for something in-between: not to big with great sound...

Any ideas? and where a good place to look?

Thanks,
    BoB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by TARE
    Any ideas? and where a good place to look?

I'm not too familier with what you are looking for so I would recommend Dixons as a place to browse and ask headphone-specific questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

You won't get full-size-headphone quality in a pair of earbuds without spending crazy money, but a €20 pair of Sennheiser MX-400s should be miles better than the headphones you got with your discman. They should be fairly widely available, Peats definitely have them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Like everything it depends on how much you want to spend.

There are inbetween models like the Koss Porta Pro which is a pretty legendary model (www.koss.com) the hifi tv shop in Georges st often has these or Sennheiser have a new range of foldables out the PX100 and PX200 (http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/mpindex30.htm)

But I would not recommend Dixon's to my worst enemy:)

Happy listening whatever you choose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

just get a big pair like for your hi-fi, they are just small speakers on your head, if you spend over 20 beans on it you will get virtually perfect sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sennheiser REALLY are the business.

I've got a pair of the PX40's, and they really are fantastic, no matter what I'm listening to. Great clarity, and they're comfortable, and small enough.

Don't want to sound like an advertisement for Sennheiser, but they really do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Sony have ones that would be perfect. they are like 45 Euros here but i picked them up in the states for about 16 Euros. they are worth 45E though. Studio Monitor Headphones. the ears spin around for DJ use.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

For anyone who really wants a pair of Sennheisers the 2003 dublin hi fi and home cinema show is on in the Burlington Hotel on Nov 1&2 and they always have discounts on Sennheisers. They say they will have the new 650's on display for us to salivate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've a pair of Senneiser HD 437's, not bad for the price (about 60 euro) still going stong after 6 months, haven't managed to blow them so far...

Advertisement