Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Low!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If we're discussing the media, personally I don't want to read about whether some act of retribution was balanced by some atrocity on the other side. I want to get details on the specific event and then make up my own mind.

Whether something like the US action or today's bombing of the Turkish embassy is justified is largely down to opinion. It is fine to voice such opinion on this forum, but reporting should be factual.

The fact that there were many Iraqi deaths (far more than US deaths) is well known and no longer news. It does not need to be repeated in every article.

I have no problem with people on this forum introducing balance. People do this all the time (on both sides of the Iraqi war issue). When issues are raised about Saddam, it is quite common to get a response about US actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dumb larry

Iraq is a big, unstable country, with 140,000 coalition troops in it. It would be very surprising if stories of bad tactics/misbehaviour/accidents by few of them did not emerge. Many journalists who report for our media are very eager to report these ****ups (nothing wrong with that, but a bit of positivity doesn't hurt either). The tactics mentioned in that article are reprehensible (if it's true) though. I've read about them bulldozing farmland for another reason actually... not sure if that's related or not.

Advertisement