Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards makes me mad and laugh ?..

Options
  • 13-10-2003 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Boards makes me MAD & LAUGH at one and the same time!.

Am I alone ?..

P.:confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

you refused a perfectly good forum didnya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Me has no memory of being "offered"!. A - perfectly good forum - to refuse ?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sinclair

Boards also makes me MAD & LAUGH

sinclair,

Have you found it makes you SAD at times too ?..

P.:ninja:

Welcome to Boardsie paddy, it makes everyone sad, happy, laugh and cry... at different times though...
    depending on what you read and it informs... :)

mm

• Advertisement

Yeah Man,

I suppose you experience a whole gamut of emotions when perusing the Boards.ie forums, mad, sad, happy, speechless, shocked, frustrated, and confused: confused: Hmmm

Should have thought of a better title for this thread. So, I will throw in "Regret", as well.

I am still wondering how Boards effects others or who!, has it had the most effect on ?...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Haven't used one of these in a while...

muppet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Paddy, you never fail to make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Boards gives me wood.

Sico,

Sure is nice to laugh, now and then, but I think Boards.ie is really for you, a sort of psychological voyeuristic thrill whammer, that must have saved you a fortune in therapy costs.

As you are such a shy retiring type, I just thought I would elaborate on the benefits, you must have received from Boards.ie, whether you are aware of them or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem Paddy and much as it pains me I fell I must play cards with Bard.

attentionwhore.jpg

As Distinct from

cranialrectal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Me and boards:

I've increased my understanding of things with boards, I've learned lots about technology, telecom stuff, cool movies and interesting new bands.

I got some stuff from boards thats dirt cheap. I bought some stuff that was a rip-off and that was ripped off.

I fell in love with someone on boards and fell out of love too. I've cried sad sad tears because of boards. I've gotten sex thanks to boards. I've gotten well drunk thanks to boards.

I've gotten many good decent friends with boards and I've met people I want to kill on boards.

Boards is a provider of lots of things to me and to many other people around here. While thats not unique for a website its pretty special.

Ask yourself the question has your life improved in some way thanks to boards ?

Muck,

As much as it " Does NOT pain me " I must agree totally with [yellums] post.

Who or what is this other entity you refer to anyway! "B" something you say, Hmmm interesting, keeps coming up as not listed, is it human perchance ?...

I am not afraid to admit that my life has improved, and I have learned many things from Boards.ie, its members of all categories and your good self {Muck}!. More strength to your elbow, and sorry to read you "fell"!.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by yellum
    Ask yourself the question has your life improved in some way thanks to boards ?

in has indeed
    I can now go to many parts of the country and get drunk with people I met here - tis delightful :)
    it has also improved my lunchtimes immensely!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Paddy20, I think you will find you were mad before you ever reached Boards.ie :)

The number of people who've told me they got laid because of Boards is both amazing and saddening.
    Amazing because its quite a large number!
    Saddening because as Admin, well, you'd think I'd be one of them.... *ahem* :o:)

More seriously, Boards has obviously changed my life dramatically. I've done, seen and involved myself in things I'd never have before.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've met people to go diving with in Ireland thanks to boards. I became a moderator thanks to planetarion though. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it :)

Originally posted by DeVore
    The number of people who've told me they got laid because of Boards is both amazing and saddening.
    Amazing because its quite a large number!

so you board admins are just glorified pimps really...

Saddening because as Admin, well, you'd think I'd be one of them.... *ahem* :o:)

oh
    and is this a hint to all the fe/male boards members?
    sad, truly sad Dev
    and more than a touch of desperation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Saddening because as Admin, well, you'd think I'd be one of them.... *ahem*

Theres still a chance baby ! #include a few million winky smilies

Oh christ, I've gotten Azezilitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    oh
    and is this a hint to all the fe/male boards members?
    sad, truly sad Dev
    and more than a touch of desperation

You should have seen the 14 year old he was checking out at lunchtime... now that was sad!

:f33r:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Lucutus
    You should have seen the 14 year old he was checking out at lunchtime... now that was sad!

*shudder*
    so it's lock up your daughters time! :eek:

Oh christ, I've gotten Azezilitis

I heard that’s fatal

You know I think "Most" people, are finally catching on to the true spirit of this thread. It is about you all!, and what Boards.ie has either done for you or to you.

There be method in my madness, I tell you. This thread is just another part of my devious scheme to drive people insane.

DeVore, thinks I was mad before I ever reached here, how true, and my signature verifies that fact.

I am mad, but at least I know it!.

The question is how many are mad, and have as yet not copped on, or were fine until Boards.ie members, mods, & Admins pushed them over the edge and on to Paddy20s thread ?...

P.:ninja: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Boards.ie has been a icon14.gif thing on my life.

I found #boards.ie through boards.ie - and if I didnt have #boards.ie during the summer time while "working", I would probably have gone insane .

Thanks Boards.ie

now where is that free stuff

o_0 - new smilies !!

:horned: :f33r:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I'm Ger , I post on Boards.ie....I have a problem

"Sign up Ger..tis a laugh!"

So I signed up, looked around, I posted for the first time and I got flamed ...but i got up and posted again, and I started posting in other forums on Boards.ie...next thing I know I'm attending LANs, going for drinks with people who lick me and others who attack me with Bat'leths...and the more it happened the more I posted...

..and it changed me, it warped my sense of reality beyond any control. The world looked different coz of boards.ie and I liked it, Hackers is now by far the funniest movie ever made, its fun to watch drunk men lick each other or homosexual men to jump on people with the intention of quick and hard pelvic thrusts, Xtravision became a rip-off when my new friends started giving me SVCD's...(Oh the Laws I broke!).

As bad as my addiction was, it got worse, I started posting on boards during college and work and on top of posting my way to being a "no lifer". I started running mIRC where I laughed as I was verbally sexually assaulted by numerous members. I was facing a downward spiral

After a few weeks my family could not communicate with me anymore, a new language emrged in me, words and abbreviations such as "pwnd, rofl, lol, tbh, AFAIAA, ghey, teh Gibson, Atari jaguar, goatse...". Microsoft Word had failed me. Anytime I pressed F7 it would cry and moan..."You've stumped me Buddy!...and thats crazy because I got all the words!". My college friends fell away when I described Counter-Strike rounds or a cunning retort by Par...

I was at rock bottom when I began to order cheap computer hardware from Komplett.ie, swearing at Eircom advertisements while downloading iilegal mp3's without the intention of listening to them...

Where did I go wrong?

Boards is intoxicating, I open IE and I'm going to check my email but when I enter the address it comes up as www.boards.ie. Sometimes I ask myself "Where is Regi hiding the subliminal messages?" but thats after I have realised that I have missed my FSP lecture due to browsing and posting....

I'm going to get help and I'm going to start here and now!

Yes I am going to spend my college grant money on a boards.ie membership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's one of the funniest posts i've read in a long time SearrarD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

worst thread ever.

Originally posted by SearrarD

I was at rock bottom when I began to order cheap computer hardware from Komplett.ie, swearing at Eircom advertisements while downloading iilegal mp3's without the intention of listening to them...

Ah jaysus, your post should be split and moved to PI :D

/great post by the way :)

mm

gimme,

As you are a "Cool newbie" and I like your avatar. I shall refrain from tongue lashing you, this time.

However, you must be warned that Paddy20 hates anything he says or does to be recognised as worthy of attention. Especially by those who have not been around long enough to catch the Boards.ie addiction.

Now must rush. I have a {Boards.ie Anonymous} meeting to attend, and its very hard to get a seat if you are not early!.

P.:ninja: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

boards has changed me, its thought me respect and that if you treat people in a decent way they also treat you decent. Had a couple of rough moments here but i thing by far most people are sound.

Boards.ie hasn't got me laid though, which is abite of a shame since it got typedef laid several times? anywho the administration here make this palce interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah gimme is no cool newbie, I think he's a bitter oldie :)

DeV.

Advertisement