Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching exchanges

• 13-10-2003 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

A friend was trying to get BB in Enniskerry. His line failed (what a surprise). All the lines on his road also fail. I know they retest every 2 weeks, but I was told that he is on the Bray exchange which is too far away for BB.
    1. Is there an exchange in Enniskerry?
    2. If so what are the chances of switching to it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Pataman

1. Is there an exchange in Enniskerry?
    2. If so what are the chances of switching to it.

Thanks

1. Yes, dunno if it has BB but Gombín will provide a definitive answer if he sees this.

2. That depends entirely on the Eircom District Engineer. If some of the near neighbours have "Enniskerry Numbers " and not "Bray Numbers" then it is possible in principle and worth pursuing.

Having an "Enniskerry Number" will also work wonders for his property values <cough> and is therefore worth money in itself which is why the neighbours should have thought of it long ago :D and done something about it by now.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭gombín

Enniskerry is an RSU,or in lay-man's terms, a sub-exchange of Bray. At the moment it hasn't been enabled for DSL, which explain why all your friends are failing the line test.

In theory, yes, you could change exchange, but my gut feeling is that most lines in Enniskerry wouldn't take DSL due to distance from Bray. You're also running the risk of, when Enniskerry is done, you'll be on the Bray exchange, so caution would be the in-word.

PM me and I'll give you a few tips on how to proceed.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mrbloo

Gombin,

I'm also on a sub-exchange (or at least, that's what I was told) on Adelaide Road. If there are no plans to upgrade it at the moment, would it be possible for me to change exchange? There must be three upgraded exchanges all within a kilometre of where I'm living (Ship St, Rathmines, maybe Dolphin's Barn). My one problem is what Muck mentioned: would moving exchange involve getting a new number? It's 478xxxx currently.

Cheers.

mrbloo,

Should have very little problems getting it changed to be honest. If you kick up enough fuss, they should switch you on to Ship St. or Dolphins Barn without grand ceremony.

As regards no. change that would depend on the layout of cabling in the area and racks in the exchange, which I'm not really familiar with in that area.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

hey mrbloo,

ur number is with dolphin's barn exchange

theres no exchange in rathmines, those no. would orginate in terenure exchange..

by the way adelaide is a tertiary.

as gombin said it depends on cabling, if its hassle they wont bother,
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mrbloo

Cheers guys, I'll start asking them next week. It's mad that you can live right in the centre of Dublin, and still not be able to get broadband! Here's hoping I get lucky. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Gombin, I have tried to send you a pm, but your mailbox is full.

:confused:

Should be emptied???

Advertisement