Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex 2 -- not 'till February

• 14-10-2003 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Eurogamer

The yanks get it in December, we get it in February. Fan-bloody-tastic :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Well there's no way I'll be waiting an extra 2 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Cant access that article but why exactly is there a 3 month delay for european customers? Hope this doesn't become standard procedure.

All the same i really have doubts about Deus Ex2, as i do about all mulit platform releases. I just dont see how an FPS for both x-box and Pc can possibly compete with top pc-cd only releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well here's a snippit for the site..
    when we quizzed Eidos on the mysteriously shifting date they cleared the matter up by stating that the December date applied to the US only, with European releases still lodged firmly in 2004, presumably for localisation reasons.

Not too sure what 'localisation' need's to be done (PAL versions for the consoles maybe?) but it's pretty terribly news whatever the reasons... no DOOM3, HL2 or DX2 this christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

All this does is encourage us to get the warez versions.

I know what I'll be doing.

(and yes, if I like it enough I'll buy the retail eventually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by Goodshape
    Not too sure what 'localisation' need's to be done
    They like to have all the French, German, Spanish, etc. language versions all ready so they can have a single European launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

surely they could be working on that now!?

Im sure the storyline/ voices/acting has been mostly completed.
    Why can't they get started on switching the language over now?

Looks like i'll have to warez it till it's released here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I just dont see how an FPS for both x-box and Pc can possibly compete with top pc-cd only releases.

Thankfully, the XBOX is DirectX compliant, making it virtually the same to develop for as the PC.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by phaxx
    All this does is encourage us to get the warez versions.

I know what I'll be doing.

(and yes, if I like it enough I'll buy the retail eventually)

For good reasons I’m very much so anti-piracy, however things like this and (in my view) unnecessary region coding don’t really help the games industries case.

Advertisement