Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit worried about my new radeon card

Options
  • 14-10-2003 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Ive just run the bitpro burning test on my machine as ive had a few problems with a new card i installed

Its an Excalibur radeon 9600 pro card. Problem im having is it freezes from time to time, so i downloaded and ran the tests, all the tests are fine except the 2d test for the radeon card.

It freezes on me the whole time and the test comes up with a video corruption error.

Does this mean the video memories ****ed and ill have to take it back or what

As i said its the 2d test is ****ed the 3d test worked fine

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'd run some other benchmarking sofware on it first to see if it results in the same problem. And maybe try the card on another system to see if it throws up the same error.
    If it does, then there's something wrong I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

1. what motherboard are you using, might be something to tweak with AGP settings in BIOS?

2. How's your system cooling? Is the heatsink on the gfafix card getting really hot, or your northbridge on the mobo (es[ if you're overclocking).

Either way, tell us more about your hardware setup.

/MK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

dont know where to start, the winbond hardware mnitor that came with the MOBO setup CD tell me the AMD processor is overheating, so what ive done is take the sides of the case off the pc to let more in and that seems to have settled down now that theres air going through it,

I did have a fan on the side of the case, but its was broken off when i had to send my PC back to the people i bought it from, was an posts fault.

The motherboard is from a company called canyon technologies, theres a thing in the bios called driving control and reading up on some of whats been said about radeons freezing it said you need to change the hex value in this to set it up properly, but of course i cant find what hex setting to put in there

hope this helps

Shin

Advertisement