Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Vartec

Options
  • 14-10-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I recently got a post from Vartec. They are saying that they can cut my eircom bill by quiet a bit. On the paper it looks good but I'm wondering if there is a catch. ??? Does anybody use Vartec ?? http://www.vartec.ie Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

They have a 15c min call charge. That's probably the worst feature of Vartec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I looked into this too.
    They have a 15cent minimum charge on local calls.
    The only place they are cheaper than Eircom is on day time calls (who makes calls from home in the day). I bet they dont compare calls at other times on the post you got.
    Also check the mobile section.
    There is a 3 miute minimum charge on mobile calls over 5 seconds.
    This means a 6 second day time call to a mobile costs 66cent.

They do however look very cheap for international calls.
    But weigh it up.
    What you save on int calls has to be more than what you pay extra on other calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mattg

i use it for international calls, saves me a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

My experience is that some of the 'new' telcos (smart comes to mind) are giving out incorrect information about what the actual eircom rates are. I don't know if this is out of ignorance, or out of malice.

Always get a ratesheet in writing, and always compare it to eircom's figures for yourself.

Advertisement