Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

html...can't work this out!

Options
  • 14-10-2003 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

We've been given an assignment and I;ve no idea what this part means:

Rewrite (a) so that layout details are confined to a separate style sheet that is stored with your web page. Experiment with applying a style to only a certain class of some element type / an instance of the element type. Also use a DIV or a SPAN element to break down your document in some way and apply a style to it.

Can anyone translate that into english

:)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I suggest that you re-read your HTML/WEBDEV notes, because that sounds like perfect english to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

What are they askin? to align the table and the form?

I wouldnt have asked in here if I understood it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

all they want you to do is create a .css file (cascading style sheet) that has all of the layout details in it. Background color, table size, font size/style. Your webpage will call upon this file and using the styles you created. I presume you already know what div and span do. that will be in your notes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Try reading about cascading style sheets on webmonkey.com -should be easy enough to find on the site ( haven't looked in a while).

Basically there will be a link at the start of your html file pointing to the .css file. The .css file will be used to add attributes everytime defined tags are encountered.

Say if you want a certain tag to contain the attibutes of size and colour, this extra code is removed to the .css file - go learn the rest yourself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

You'll find everything you need if you spend ten minutes on W3Schools

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

shouldn't this be on the webmaster board

Advertisement