Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function key (fn) problem

Options
  • 14-10-2003 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi All,

Maybe some of you have come across this problem?

I have a Laptop with Win2k on it. I was using a remote connection from another machine. After I was finsihed when I came back to the laptop that I was remotely connected to the function(fn) keys are stuck on the function mode. It's a dell laptop, and for example when typing "P" I get "-" for example.. Any ideas?

I have tried turning remote connections off, but to no avail..

Tx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Press Fn and whatever key is used for NumLock or Padlock (F9 I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 surfboy

Just tried it and Nope! I have tried all the usual things that Ican think of i.e. The function keys themselves, seeing if there's additional settings, and still cant come up with anything!!!

Thanks for the Try anyway! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 surfboy

Got it.... was fn + (button for the dropdown), looks like a bug to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I had that problem with a laptop as well but that sorted it for me. Bloody annoying as hell as well. Do a google search for it or look on the dell website for a FAQ on your laptop model

Advertisement