Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic messaging in outlook express.

Options
  • 14-10-2003 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

This is my first post so I hope I have posted in the right section. Can anybody tell me how to set up outlook to automatically reply to emails with a standard message while I am on holidays. I have got mails from people while they were on hols and it said it was an automated message.

Cheers

Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Not sure about Outlook Express, actually, I don't think it has the feature, but in Outlook you go to Tools, Out of Office Assistant...

Make sure to unsubscribe from any mailing lists you might be on though, I hate out of office replies on lists, and I'm not the only one...

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You can't afaik, those messages are usually turned on and off using Outlook connecting to an Exchange Server... theres no facility for doing it with standard POP3/SMTP access... plus its all a bit pointless if your PC isn't constantly on and checking your mails (and since you're using OE, I'll assume its a home setup).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

the only way to do it if your using outlook express would be to go to Tools, Message rules and create a rule:
    For all messages,
    Reply with message
    and then put your message in. You would have to leave your PC on while you're away though. Outlook can't reply unless it's on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you could make a mail rule to reply with a message in outlook express, that'd involve having your pc on all the time though, which would be useless to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Ahh that message rules a good idea.. had overlooked that as an option... must remember that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hugh Jass

Message rule. That should do it I will try tomorrow.

Cheers for all the rapid responses.

Hugh

Advertisement