Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Idea Needed

Options
  • 14-10-2003 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Has any one got an idea for a programming project. I had one but after some research i found out that what i wanted to do wasn't exactly possible. Well it might be, but i couldn't find an answer.
    I'm a 4th year Software Development student. I'm leaning towards a game of some sort but not sure what type to do. As long as i do an interesting project i don't mind. Nothing is worse than doing something you hate. Will have to have my project proposal in this week :(
    Any ideas guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Recompile the Half Life 2 code and add in some programmer art.
    They won't suspect a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

way too easy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

#projectideas on efnet has all the answers you need

Originally posted by sjones
    #projectideas on efnet has all the answers you need
    thanks, but can't use IRC in the college.
    I will check out other forums/sites :eek: and see what i can find for ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

do we really need this AGAIN?
    Post in "What project to do for diploma?" or something.
    for f*** sa**** you sack of ***** i'll kill your ***** you ***** ****** ****** ******************************************************* ******** *** of ******************

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

How about an AI that comes up with project ideas for forth year students?

thanks evil phil, that is a great idea.
    i will create some sort of application that will browse the internet and find project ideas for students.
    your a genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Try the lazyweb:

http://www.lazyweb.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Don't know if this would be accepted as a project but MS Freecell includes this line "It is believed (although not proven) that every game is winnable. "

Go prove it (or disprove it, whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...or try half baked (half-baked?) ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Here is a couple ideas from my Uni - that may be helpful

Java Robocode AI Invesitagation

Problem
    Artificial intelligence in computer games tends to fixed rather than adaptive.

Description
    Conducting an investigation into adaptive AI using with single robot and team strategies using Robocode. Robocode is a comprehensive Java class that can be used to simulate robot battles, in which every robot is user programmable.

Playstation 2 development kit

Problem
    More games sell for the Playstation 2 than on any other format but it can be a difficult platform to begin games programming on.

Description
    Learn about the technology used in the Playstation 2 Linux development kit. Learn write a simple game to demonstrate the use of the kit and the power of the PS2.

Advertisement