Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfers would want to calm it there....

Options
  • 03-08-1999 5:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did you see those lunatics in the K-Club, christ would someone not tell them to go out and get a life, I mean ffs its just a game!

All that organisation and competitions etc and all the drama of it and after all its only about hitting a ball into a hole thats very far away.

I think they need a sense of perspective I mean really... dedicating all that time to s a game... sheesh!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

too true...
    not to mention the sunburn, aching legs from walking about and the risk of your shoulder coming loose from its socket as you take a swing..
    they do tend to get a bit too carried away allright .. I mean going abroad for matches so they can put a ball in a hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Those Golfers should really get a life. Bunch of fvcking d!ckheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea I agree Jay.. I mean hitting a ball about a field.. whats the point? cheeky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and they dont even have pitch invasions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Na golf rules, it's those dirty pitch n' putters they got no skilz

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I'm a golfer and a quake player.
    Oh christ I'll have to go out and get a life,
    find a woman get married and have a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

and then theres the stupid clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

OMG Dev,

how can u go and batter a game loike golf.

GIVE IT A BREAK.

Such a hipocrit ... grow up !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ROFL!

Whatever about the players, how about the people that go and WATCH! I mean, standing there for hours, sometimes in the rain on an open field with virtually no shelter freezing yer *****off. Along comes some gimp in plaid tourist trousers, a christmas jumper, 'Gucchi'-style running shoes (what's with those?) and an 'I'm-a-gimp' hat, the crowd goes wild! Really. Not falling around laughing, but actually enthusiastic (don't they know they're just encouraging them?). The 'tourist' carefully selects a stick and smacks a white ball, walks off, and the crowd go back to waiting for the next gimp.

They don't even pick up any backpacks!

J.

hmmm, can golfers spam?

Preacher LoLth: 'Suffer little children. Suffer!'

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I hope u guys realise the point Dev is making about golf! smile.gif
    It could be football he is talking about or any other sport/game which, if u look at closely seems stoopid.
    Could even be quake! smile.gif
    Nem(the single figure handicap golfer) wink.gif

• Advertisement

Really! OMG! How could we have been so blind!

Damn you Devore!

I'll never trust you again....

tongue.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I understand the point Dev is making but the comparrison is wrong. I am not one to bash people for devoting loads of time to Quake but whenever someone does, like this cretin PeeWee, why not just ignore him.
    Football, Golf, whatever are bad examples. These are big money sports with major television coverage. Lets not even get into it.
    I just don't understand why ye get so worked up when people start slagging ye for Quake. Ignore them and enjoy yourselves. Lighten Up folks. I've got news for everyone. WE ALL HAVE A LIFE!

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Pitch and putt.... no skill in that sport at all... none! It's all luck. Or lack of same. And me hitting a 91 over 18 holes on Monday has NOTHING to do with this opinion. NOTHING I TELL YOU!!!

Ja,
    Shin-(resigned to being crap at golf)-ji

golf is crap, golf3 is the way forward

yeah, I hear it has thousands more shades of green...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

I have a really bad sex life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

its true what darkedge says, his chick dumped him smile.gif)
    So anyone with a spare chick lieing around please post to darkedge c/o tcd muppet quake players club smile.gif
    thanks in advance,
    Quozl

nah he was saying something about tryin to pick up sailors.. we all missed it smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hahah Muso + Nem, at least someone here gets the idea. I know I should just avoid them but flipping open their heads and twiddling with their brains is an enjoyable pasttime for me when I'm bored.

For the blatantly thick: I am KIDDING about golf. I dont have anything against it but if you look at International Darts or Chess you can see a game not unlike Quake except that it lacks the international coverage (until recently). Its not physical, you dont HAVE to be fit to play them and they are just games like quake. Some people play them for fun and will never take it further, others will want to be the very best they can at them and compete against the best of the rest. Either way, vive la difference....

Cant wait for Chess2 btw, I hear the graphics rock and lets face it we have been playing Chess for so long now everyone must be bored with it...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This seemed appropriate in another post, but I'll just stick it here cause I'm lazy.

080499nh990804.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bullet

Ok Dev.I know what you are saying is true.

I just think that it is silly when ppl hate each other 'cos of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

now, i reckon most people saw the anology but refused to comment as it was far too obvious smile.gif

mind you, they dont have map invasions in quake.. do they?

hahaha, but somwtimes golfers get hit by lihtening! ahahahahahahaha
    lightening = shaft.. geddit?
    sorry, im going to take my pills now sad.gif

Ah dev ya mad yoke,

i thought u were serious,

soz man !

(i look like an awful fool now i BET)

omg nem,

are u serious ?!?

Advertisement