Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway/Athenry BB funny

Options
  • 14-10-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

well i was on to the eircom biddys about BB around here in ATHENRY well you know the story there ..fresh of the boats with 3 words ,,hello, you,, buy .. any way i was told some time back that BB will be in athenry .at the time of phoneing they said around 4 weeks ...... yahoo..\\ but i was not going to hold my breth so i got back to them 6 weeks later ..they said it mite be 8-16 weeks at best ..well not too bad its comming anyway i was going to hold out ..but i need to know for shore so i popped down to my exchange and was on to a very nice old man sitting at his phone .. hello sir said i when will this exchange be updated to ADSL ..Unfortunately he said what adsl ......o ya that thing there doing in the city :eek: .. i said hey sir you been locked in here to long m8 ,adsl fast internet at high prices..that thing..i dont know about that at the mo but i will find out for you if you like ..no thanks if you leve here you mite die under the sun light old one ..he lol .. but a very nice old dude ..
    But here is what i did find out just to day as for athenry BB it looks like they have to run a pipe from oranmore to here and it will take some time and money to do this and they or not going to do this at this time 2-3 years at best ..and the only good news i was told that the lines here r very good for adsl and will work fine around here ......... as for the city i here they r digging with spoons ...sorry about this post as i am doing this on the run ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by KILLER.BEE
    sorry about this post as i am doing this on the run ...
    Why are you on the run? Did you beat the nice old man to death with his own shoes?:)

Looks like Athenry people will be waiting rather a long time then.

Advertisement