Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing pics into Flash ..and wasting time erasing backgrounds

Options
  • 15-10-2003 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm sick of importing images into flash and zooming into erase backgrounds. Even when I erase background in PS and import into Flash it is not super transparent so i have to re erase some background.

1) How do I quickly delete the background in PS? Is there a quick way to do it?
    2) How do i import it into flash so i dont have to re do it as the edges are rough?

Any help much appreciated.....

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Layer with transparent background in photoshop and export as .png

Or you can create a mask for your image in flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

RIGHT.
    i delete the background - and just to check i put in a contrasting color behin dthe main image- and yes looks like ive cut out the image very neatly.
    Next i remove the background and save as png and transparent...

However when i import into flash and have a black background i can see lots of white crap around the edges of the cutout image... how do i get rid of this??

Tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

A big part of the problem is the black background its not very forgiving, can you post the image to see the problem, you may have to darken the pixels at the edges so it blends more with the background

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

maybe if u change the stroke colour to match whatever background colour yur using, that might work for u?

Advertisement