Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial ATA to Ultra ATA Adapter??

• 15-10-2003 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a RAID Array set up with 2x standard ATA drives running through Abit Serillel (yes, thats how they spell it) adapters. One of the adapters is a version "0" and the other a "2". The Raid controller was the integrated Intel 875p Raid.

The drive connected to the "0" unit sometimes wasnt detected but a reboot sorted it. However, I 2 days ago I updated the motherboards bios (an Abit IC7) and now the device on Serillel 0 isnt seen. Much to my annoyence I have found this is a known problem... Serillel type 0s are not compatible with IC7 (and likely any i875p\865 motherboards).
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&threadm=3EAFEFBF.20900%40netscape.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26q%3Dserillel%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg

I bought the Serillel type 2 from Komplett. I would buy another but Komplett dont appear to sell them anymore and Maplin dont have anything in stock (Maplin were selling a noname brand for 4x the price of the Abit unit, €50).

Does anyone have one to sell (they were supplied with some motherboards) or know anywhere that stocks them? Without this €10 POS my PC is disabled!
    This evening Im going to try some even earlier (I already tried the previous one) motherboard BIOSes to see if I can regain support, but a new adapter would at least allow the use of new bioses.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Flashing back the 6 month old bios appears to get both drives seen again. Ive placed an order with www.overclock.co.uk for a new SATA Convertor. Seems like a decent site, prices better than Komplett for everything I checked.

Matt

Advertisement