Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks for a line test? are ya jokin???

Options
  • 15-10-2003 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Looking for a steer in the right direction so I can use all my available resources for biddy annoyance. Got a phone line reconnected in my place yesterday in Douglas as I obviously want DSL asap. Rang eircom a few times to see what the story was with the line (it was activated after about 2 hours) and about ten minutes ago I was told that seeing as it's a new line it would have to be tested before I could order dsl. Again, that's ovbious.

What made my jaw drop is that it's going to take "at least two weeks" to get my line tested before they get back to me (if they get back to me) with the result. The line isnt even in the house 24 hours and already I'm disillusioned with the whole process.

What I'm wondering is, if I took a drive down to the exchange in Douglas and had a friendly chat with an engineer, could I get the line tested pronto and have him update the database for me? I'm sure someone else here did that recently and got a pass on the line. Cos if I can do it that way... I'll do it today and balls to their "2 weeks".

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The engineers can test your line, but it won't be "official". I'd try going through a reseller if I was you.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

well I fully intend to go for clicksilver if/when my line passes so could I just contact them straight off and get them to test it? I was under the impression that I have to wait for eircom to finish up with the arse scratching and test the line before I could get dsl from any other telco

<edit>
    Just off the phone with UTV, they of course see the line as failing. Nice woman said she could send the order through but it would probably be rejected. Also said (as a number of people here have) that when eircom test my line they'll probably also presume I want their dsl service. Anyway, looks like I'll have to wait two weeks :(
    </edit>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's ludicrous. There's absolutely no reason the line can't be tested the very second it's connected and the resultant data pushed into the database.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by dahamsta
    That's ludicrous. There's absolutely no reason the line can't be tested the very second it's connected and the resultant data pushed into the database.

adam

Thats what I was thinking... Maybe the eircom lads have lost the "new line testing equipment" and need two weeks to find it. Nevertheless, I'll be offering sexual favours to the engineers in Douglas exchange later in return for a speedy test :D

Advertisement