Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live char or IM technology ?

Options
  • 15-10-2003 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

im sure someone has asked this already. and its proally been answered but I havent found it any where

Would it be possible to open a live chat box with users you see on line. rather than sending PM's back and fourth, wouldnt it be cool if you could just click a live chat button and a request was sent to the other person..then if they agreed a private chat box opened.

??

I dunno, seems like a good idea to me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That ... would be nice. Can't see it happening while we're still with vBulletin, but we are investigating alternatives that would make things like this possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What's wrong with IRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Bard
    What's wrong with IRC?

Yeh what's wrong with IRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

well like I said I would be nice to click a button to start a private conversation with someone surfing boards. IRC would rely on everyone logging on to the chat channel first.

as for whats wrong with IRC....that answer could go on for a while.

Advertisement