Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sacking your Broker?

Options
  • 15-10-2003 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Can you sack your insurance broker and deal direct? I dont want to cancel the policy.

Reason is broker is a muppet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

In my experience, no, but give your insurance company a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeha I don't think you can sack them but give the insurance company a call and tell them you're not happy with the broker and ask them to suggest another.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

doubtful - is the contract you took out with your insurance company in part with the broker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by kbannon
    doubtful - is the contract you took out with your insurance company in part with the broker?

Dunno

He still hasnt supplied a policy or a schedule after 3 months. Had to complain to the IFRA (they regulate insurance brokers) to get my cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

They won't deal with you direct. But tell them you are cancelling your policy and they will do something sharp-ish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

can the Insurance ombudsman help?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cromwelly

Your contract is with the insurance company, the broker is an intermediary.
    Unless you're insured under a policy which isn't offered direct you can bypass the broker.
    You may need to sign a mandate transferring your business away from your current broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I've changed broker & companies while in in mid contract, BUT I was changing car at the time.

I've done it twice & have recieved the balance of the policy back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jf_cole

AS far as im aware you can change your broker whenever you like.

Advertisement