Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip. Are they really cheaper that Eircom?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

A few people asked for my Excell spread sheet comparing the call prices of Eircom, UTV and Esat. You can find it attached below.

A few Notes first:

1) Errors and Omissions Expected
    2) All prices where taken from the various companies websites.
    3) I think Esat's prices are rounded up, for instance I think their evening national charge is actually 1.27c not 1.3c, but I can only go by what their website says, so if they would like to give me more accurate info, I would be happy to amend the spread sheet.
    4)
    - Eircom have a 6.35c minimum charge on all calls.
    - Esat Advantage has a 6.05c minimum charge on all calls.
    - UTV have a 3.5c setup charge on all calls.
    5) I don't think Esat are taking new customers onto their Esat Home Phone service.
    6) You need to have a e25 per month minimm spend on calls to get Esat Advantage.
    7) I have not included the various International rates, check the various companies websites for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

Originally posted by Ripwave
    You'd have to spend a few minutes each month reconfiguring your dialler and SMTP settings, but it's your time and your money, and if you expect to use more than 180 hours a month, you might want to consider it.
    I've actually done this for a client who needed to go occasionally to upwards of 290 hours a month.
    I set them up to go onto a pay per minute for off peak hours
    so that they keep the flatrate for peak times and it works well.
    The off peak hours would not always be used, so over the course of a year it's cheaper than an extra subscription.
    originally posted by bk

Just checked, it is actually 260 hours at e45 per month excluding VAT (e54.45 incl VAT). You may have to lie to them in order to get it as it is a business service. Just tell them that you are self-employed.
    Actually, I am self employed, so no problem there,
    but if as you say Esat's customer service is as bad as ever, I'll stay away for now.
    I had asked UTV could they give me two subscriptions on the one number, but they said they couldn't at present.
    That's another thing they could do before FRIACO.

That would be my ideal short term solution giving me:

UTVipXL ......... e25 180
    UTVipXL ......... e25 180
    Total ............. e50 360 :-)

Thanks for the input guys.
    While we may be moving a little off-topic in the discussion,
    I think from the amount of mention Eircorn aren't getting,
    that UTV have worked out cheaper for most of us.

NiallB

Advertisement