Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be the last song you would listen to?

Options
  • 15-10-2003 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

If you were going to be executed or you knew you were going to die and you could choose a song to listen to what would it be?

For me it's Sigur ros, I don't know the name of the song but it's the second song from their 1st album.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Eva Cassidy - Fields of gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Echoes by Pink Floyd, as I'd get a damn good 20 minutes extra to live or As Slow As Possible by John Cage (try a search for it) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a billion bottles of beer on the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

i was going to say nirvana - you know your right

but a 20min floyd song sounds good

as for a billion bottles of beer on the wall, id probally top myself after the first few million verses :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Roisin Dubh - Thin Lizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Here's an obvious one, cos of the title and it is a bit long:
    Led Zeplin - Stairway to heavan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Probably My Father My King by Mogwai - 20 mins of pure guitar. Cant' think of any better way to go out...
    ...well I s'pose there is one other way :)

Although for the laugh it'd have to be Asshole by Dennis Leary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by matrim
    If you were going to be executed or you knew you were going to die and you could choose a song to listen to what would it be?

mahogany - snow patrol

just a beautiful beautiful song

ww.snowpatrol.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Are we here-Orbital ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Mayonaise-Smashing Pumpkins:f33r: :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

love spreads - stone roses

or else maybe

fifteen minutes old - snow patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Stiff Little Fingers - Silver Lining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

happy birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You'll get a good 43 minutes and 23 seconds out of Jethro Tull's "Thick as A Brick" and a good 65 minutes out of Beethoven's "Symphony No. 9" (depends on if you consider it a "song", I guess...)

Still though... last song to listen to before you die? Probably Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" or Metallica's "One".

Interesting question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

Wagner - Ring Cycle :horned: - Should buy me a bit of time to plan my escape.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

Just looked up that piece, 639 years, I think I'd be ready to face death by the end of that one.

John Cage kicks ass though, I've got a couple of CDs of his work for prepared piano, great snoozin' tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Just have one Cage CD myself, The Seasons (performed by the American Composers Orchestra), well worth a purchase, contains some of the prepared piano and toy piano pieces too, decent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

For me it'd have to be the vinyl version 'A day in the life' by the Beatles off of the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts club band album.

You see there is an enclosed groove in the track - which means once it get to the end of it it just keeps playing the last few seconds AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN .... until the end of time if you wish.

That should buy me some time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think I'd like to hear Killing In The Name by Rage Against the Machine, at a loud enough volume that I die deaf.

Civilian_Target

• Advertisement
Advertisement