Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an Xbox Purchase

• 15-10-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Well finally ive ran into a bit of spare cash, and ive decided to invest it in my xbox, ive already most of the classics Halo, Splintercell etc. Gona get around 3 games one of which will be KOTOR looks amazing, my other choices were Conflict Desert storm2 and Tiger Woods 2004, anyone care to shed some wisdom?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Try reading some reviews there are loads of games websites out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I've a demo of cds2 and tiger woods I think they're both flawed at best. I wouldn't buy them but then again you might like them.
    Soul Calibur 2 is amazing if you're into beat 'em ups.
    If you want to wait awhile there are some brilliant games coming out in the run up to christmas. I've played rainbow six 3 and its spectacularly cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

id say get kotor, but imo ds2 is ****e. but thats just me, ive heard people sayin its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I dont even have a 'Box BUTT

Soul Caliber 2

Toce Race Driver

are the dogs nuts on the machine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aikman

Stay clear of Club football. Dreadful stuff altogether. Game play is non existant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Morrowind - it's now taken the mantle from FFVII as my favourite ever RPG. There's just so much to do, so much freedom, the graphics are great a really strong narative holds it all together. I can't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Jet Set Radio Future is totally awesome, plus you can get it for like 22 europes on http://www.play.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Freedom Fighters is also well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I just ordered KOTOR of play.com looks really good just hope i lives up to my expectations. I have played a demo of Freedom Fighters, seems a lil wierd and i hate the fact that there is no crosshair wen on the go, but the lock on helps i guess. I'll probably stay clear of Conflict Desert 2 cuz ive heard alot of bad reviews, and its just to short. Will probably pick up madden or Tiger woods 2004 cuz their brill games that have nearly infinate replay. Any other good RPGs on Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Don't get morrowind, I like the game but its buggy as hell and just pisses you off in the end.
    Morrowind and knights are the only 2 xbox rpgs out at the mo. Sudeki will be out in the run up to christmas and fable afterwards. They're both looking promising.
    Don't touch freedom fighters the aiming is f00ked up.
    Jet set though, is a infinitely cool game that is well worth experiencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

If you haven'y got Tiger Woods yet, I'd say hold off until some reviews for Links 2004 show up. I have a feeling it's going to blow Tiger away (plus it's got Live if that interests you).

Advertisement