Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN & Telecom Eireann

Options
  • 05-08-1999 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

yeah i've heard that it's cheaper to move an existing line but I've yet to meet anyone who's done it.

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

The lads where I work got theirs in withing two weeks of ordering it(this was about three weeks ago)... although they do already have one...

Kegs.

Just to add to that it may have been Esat? The TAs and other anonymous Telephony boxes all have big GoldStar and Esat stickers on them tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

think bubbles is: jade@triberspace.com or somthing.

Anyway until theres a few more telecoms companys in this country im afraid we're stuck with Telecoms annoying way of doing business.

Holy grail of deregulation my ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Conor you look like a thug....threaten to get violent and they'll move the line free of charge and give ya a **** load of free calls......:/or you could get arrested and thrown in prision...how bad do you want the line is the risk worth it!? tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

I can't wait till the UK phone companies setup shop over here...
    I hope those greedy tossers at TE go fuchking bankrupt.

I HATE YOU ALL ;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm moving soon, so I ring Telecom today to order me ISDN line for the new place, cos I beleive there's a 3 month waiting list atm. So yet again I'm told that I have to pay the full install charge at the new place, despite having only gotten the line in in the current place five months ago.

Then I'm told that I'll have to wait 'a week or two' for someone from TE to phone me back to tell me how long the waiting time is!!!!!!

What sort of an operation are those boys running, it'd be funny if they weren't charging us a fortune for these 'services' as well.

Does anyone know if there is:

A) Any way to speed up installation of the line.

B) Any way to have my current line transferred to the new address without having to pay the full install charge again?

Bubbles, ButcherofNog tells me you might know a bit about this, but I have no email addy or anything for ya - if yer reading this could you let me know if theres a solution to this v poor level of service at all. Anyone else who wants to chuck any ideas in, feel free.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 05-08-99).]

Re: Shers post.

Maybe they have ISDNs in prison with Q2 so people can vent their aggressions?

I'm sure Daa is in some sort of home for little perverts.

Advertisement