Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada back on F1 calendar

• 15-10-2003 6:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Canadian Grand Prix @ Montreal has been provisionally reinstated on the F1 calendar for 2004. :D

With the Canadian GP back, it will be the first time the F1 schedule has 18 events in one season.

See here for more info

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Here is the new updated provisional calender for 2004:

March 7, - Grand Prix of Australia (Melbourne)
    March 21, - Grand Prix of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
    April 4 **, - Grand Prix of Bahrain (Bahrain)
    April 25, - Grand Prix of San Marino (Imola)
    May 9, - Grand Prix of Spain (Barcelona)
    May 23, - Grand Prix of Monaco (Monaco)
    May 30, - Grand Prix of Europe (Nurburgring)
    June 13***, - Grand Prix of Canada (Montreal)
    June 20, - Grand Prix of USA (Indianapolis)
    July 4, - Grand Prix of Great Britain (Silverstone)
    July 11 *, - Grand Prix of France (Magny-Cours)
    July 25, - Grand Prix of Germany (Hockenheim)
    August 15, - Grand Prix of Hungary (Budapest)
    August 29, - Grand Prix of Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
    September 12, - Grand Prix of Italy (Monza)
    September 26 **, - Grand Prix of China (Shanghai)
    October 10, - Grand Prix of Japan (Suzuka)
    October 24, - Grand Prix of Brazil (Sao Paulo)

* Provisional (subject to contract)
    ** Subject to circuit approval
    *** Subject to a satisfactory financial agreement with competing teams regarding the absence of tobacco sponsorship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's an excellent idea to have the 2 north American races back to back and great to see Canada back on the calendar. This years season felt too short so 18 races will be nice for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Don't ask me why, but I have this gut feeling that we'll still only have 17 races next year. Why? Well, it's possible that either the track in Bahrain or China may not be finished in time for when their GP comes around (my money's on the Bahrain track because it's so early in the season). Though, as I said, this is only a gut feeling on my part and I'll probably be proved wrong in the end anyway! :D

Speaking of which, does anybody know how developments are progressing on the two new tracks in Bahrain and China? How far along are they towards completion? I'm just curious, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Don't ask me why, but I have this gut feeling that we'll still only have 17 races next year. Why? Well, it's possible that either the track in Bahrain or China may not be finished in time for when their GP comes around (my money's on the Bahrain track because it's so early in the season). Though, as I said, this is only a gut feeling on my part and I'll probably be proved wrong in the end anyway! :D

Speaking of which, does anybody know how developments are progressing on the two new tracks in Bahrain and China? How far along are they towards completion? I'm just curious, that's all.

20,000 tickets have been sold for Bahrain, the circuit will be ready 4 weeks before the race weekend- which is just as well for those who have tickets already! :)
    According to f1racing.net, China is well on it's way with 7,000 people working the circuit. The grandstands and pit are nearly ready. There is again talk of Russia getting a race but who knows if it will materialise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

as regards the canadian grand prix, FIA have given the organisers until the end of the month to finalize the compensation package for the teams , otherwise the race is dropped for 2004
    for further details checkout
    www.itv-f1.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement