Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Database Launched

Options
  • 04-08-1999 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

IGN is pleased to announce the launch of its Players Database; it is our hope to build an online database with details of every player in the country. The IGN player database is broken into 3 main parts IGN player profiles, Kali.ie's Gamers list and the Quake.ie Whos who.

IGN Player profiles is the main section of the database, it contains general information on the players. Kali.ie's Gamers list contains information on players using the IGN kali server and the Quake.ie Who's who contains details of the players who roam our Quake servers. Please take a few minutes to enter your details in the database.

Another feature of the Database is the Ladders. Here you can find out what you're really made of by challenging other players on the ladder in an attempt to become ranked Number 1.

All the code for the databases has been written in-house here at IGN. For the next few weeks we will only be running Descent3 and Quake Dual ladders. We want to make sure that Major Bugs are in the code before we add more ladders and Team Ladders. Ladder Rules are also been drawn up. The latest draft can be seen on any of the ladder sites.

IGN would like to thank all involved with the creation of the Database.

Credits
    Eddie-Rocket - Head ASP Programming
    KaYoS - ASP Programming
    Butcher of Nog - ASP Programming
    Kharn - Testing
    Cloud- Warrior - Genuine Nice Person
    Regi - Technical Assistance
    Devore - Technical Assistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

where can we see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

There you go again WWman.. Always demanding more! Why can't you just be happy in the knowledge that it's there! tongue.gif

You're not a religious man , are you...

Preacher LoLth: 'Suffer little children. Suffer!'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

um, on the 7th day god rested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

ign homepage, maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

smartypants smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Q

Actually I rest a bit every day.

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

so did anyone answer "Pre-1979" for "When did you start playing games?" yet? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

try players.ign.ie As for pre 1979 yep me by mistake smile.gif

KaYoS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

can I not be a nice guy too? sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The site is a bit "gamest" though. Kali and Quake only? wtf... where's the Tribes?

• Advertisement

If you read the news about the ladders you will find that we are limiting the games to decent and quake duals for the moment. Once we ra sure the system is bug free other games will be added... As for which games you'll have to ask ed.

KaYoS

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Where'd U see www.tribes.ie Hobbes??? wink.gif

As Kayos said, we're just testing that everything is working - despite my masterful testing tongue.gif

There's been a lot of hard work put into this, so if it's not 100%, let us know now and we can fix it! sunglasses.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

Ed has given me permission to break it cheeky.gif Well actually he called me a ****er for breaking things but how or never smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

isnt this like iqool that was being run over a year ago? Why not continue with that. Besides Sam will win.

Hey Eddie! Guess what!! biggrin.gifhttp://players.ign.ie/ignplayers.asp?Flag=3&PlayerID=37

... on another note. Remove the "activate Player" link as it doesn't work unless they go via an email link.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 06-08-99).]

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 06-08-99).]

Hobbes how the fu(k did you manage that redface.gif/

biggrin.giftongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eddie Rocket

What should i be looking for ????

Saving the form localy and changing the sourc.... There not much that can be done to stop that. I know of one thing i could try, but if someone wants to put in other info there, its fine with me :-)

Ill look into the activation account link.

Ed

Advertisement