Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indigo - My god I finally did a trance track...

• 15-10-2003 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Kinda anyway, there may be a bit too much of my usual soundtrack style in here for some of you.
    Anyway it's finally complete after many months of fighting with the damn thing on and off. Please have a listen, let me know what ya think (don't be overly polite, if you don't like something tell me straight), and hopefully enjoy

Indigo (6.6mb)

Cheers.

me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Interesting tune, sounds like it belongs in a movie or game soundtrack. Nice arpeggios. and it all works well together. My only real critisism is that the drums aren't loud enough - whether this was the intention or not - I can't really hear them too much over the other sounds. I'm not sure if that's cos there's so much happening in the rest of the tune, but the drums don't punch enough, they're like second to the rest of the tune. Like I can barely hear any hi-hats.

Other than that it's not too bad at all :)

Si.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good for what it is.
    not really my bag, tight production nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

to be honest i dont think the track works at all, good production alrite

but the track itself doesnt flow for some reason, the arpeggiated synths make it sound like the kinda psuedo-ravey tunes you always see in american movies when theyre in a nightclub

like the vocal pad, very nice

percussion far too low in the mix as someone has said already

some masking going on in places coz theyres too many middy synth sounds

too many diff synths too imo

snare sounds very cheap

now thats all in my opinion, and none of that really points to bad production as such, just things i personally dont think work, you asked for honesty so im givin it

sounds too soundscapey, but then thats what you do isnt it?

dunno if id be correct in saying this, but the vibe that i get from this track is that youre not overly into dance music as such? just seems that way to me from the overall sound of the track

and anyone who thinks im being overly critical, please read over what i posted again and take the time to process it before abusing my opinion

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

!
    You're a pr1ck!....ok, so you beat me to it :). Nah detailed criticism is a lot more use than "oh, that's nice". TBH this is a love it/hate it tune for me, there were enough parts I liked to keep working on it but yup it just doesn't fit 100%. The drums are the main culprit and still one of my weakest areas. I just don't have time to work on this anymore. It's also not a proper trance track, though I did try to stay in style it kept drifting so at best it's a wierd Hybrid, more fast eletronica at this stage.
    I dont listen to dance as much as I used to (kind've drifted away in the last 2 years), though I had since about 88 or so.

Anyway, thanks for listening guys, and I DO appreciate the feedback, anyone who posts something expecting just ooh's and aah's is wasting their, and your, time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i know a lot of people wouldve taken that as a personal attack or something silly, so fair play to you man

in summary i think the track is too elaborate to work in a trance situation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

man thats pretty kickin. i am liking it. gets a bit too built up at times but the timing is pretty tight and there is some nice and tidy production in there. well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks Pyramid Man, so there is a little silver lining :)

Advertisement